“Wonderful Breakfast Location & Friendly Staff”

Route 66 Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American
Description: Contact: Patricia Velasquez Phone: 575-472 9925
Description: Contact: Patricia Velasquez Phone: 575-472 9925
“Wonderful Breakfast Location & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My colleagues and I stopped for breakfast at the Route 66 Diner en route to Clovis, NM (we'd spent the night at the Comfort Inn down the road). The diner recommended by the front desk wasn't open, so we stumbled across this place (which is apparently the original Route 66 Diner).

The two ladies that served us were polite and efficient service, the coffee was fresh and delicious, and the juevos rancheros were excellent. I'd recommend this place to anyone traveling through Santa Rosa. The music selection was also the perfect mix of old, classic, and new.

I've included a photo with this review. I admit that it doesn't look promising from the outside, but give it a chance.

• Visited April 2014

Austin, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Traveling west on I-40 in central New Mexico, it is pretty barren. Santa Rosa is an oasis of restaurants and truck stops. I got off on Old Route 66 looking for breakfast and what could be better than the Route 66 Restaurant. I will give them a "five" foe ambiance, but the rest was a disappointment. They had only one waitress and she was also the cashier and constantly answering the phone. Took forever just to get a cup of coffee and water. The food took a long time to prepare and serve. It was average, but I was hoping for some good New Mexico chiles with my huevos rancheros. Instead it was served with truck stop chili. Hard to get a coffee refill because the waitress was so busy.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Jackson66_12
Oelwein
“A nice stop in Santa Rosa,NM”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you are driving parts of old US 66 stop here for good burgers or Mexican food. Reasonable prices and good food. It was nice see an original Route 66 diner still operating.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Steven S
Valrico, Florida
“Great food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Wasn't too sure after reading some of the other reviews. However, it was close by so decided to try it out. The food was surprisingly good. We had Calf Liver and Onions, Patty melt, Bacon Cheeseburger, Beef Soup and Chili Cheese Fries. It was all delicious and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend the Route 66 Restaurant as a good place to eat.

• Visited December 2013
Pataskala
“Surprise!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Well this was an interesting visit. I took my parents to this place as it was a first time for me. I thought why not a piece of history and good food. I was in for a surprise. I ordered up a tostada. My mom ordered up a cheese burger. My dad ordered up a beef plate. My tostada was ok, I have had better at other Mexican restaurants, the so called Mexican rice was more like rice in thick tomato soup, that was pretty nasty. My mother told me her cheeseburger and fries was good. My father told me his beef plater was left to be desired and definitely nothing to write home about. The server was pleasant and great to work with but lacked in the detail of who's plate was who's. With all that was written, what really got to use was the coach roach that was on the booth table top next to us on the inner side of the diner. The roach was crawling around the table top trying to find food or at least a way down. My mother wanted to leave, but I suggested not to because our food was on its way to us. I hinted to the server to look over to the table top, but she didn't. I noticed a little later in our meal she would look over to the table, and she would see the roach because her facial expression would change. She did nothing or said nothing because our entire time eating the roach was still on the table crawling around.

Many hours have past since this post and we have not experienced any food poisoning.

If you dedcide to eat there, take heed in what is around you that could be crawling. I also did not notice a health inspection grade on the place and that should have given me a clue to turn around.?

One more thing to add. My mother goes to use the restroom and the light does not work. Needless to say, we left and used the restrooms at McDonalds just down the street.

2 Thank DrivenThrough