Morukuru Family Madikwe
Rhulani Safari Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$540
$528
Etali Safari Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)
$1,121
$1,005
Orbitz.com
Motswiri Private Safari Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$609
  • Breakfast included
Jamala Madikwe(Madikwe Game Reserve)
$1,361
$1,286
Agoda.com
The Bush House(Madikwe Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
$555
Agoda.com
Sanctuary Makanyane Safari Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)
$823
SA Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Impodimo Game Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Madikwe Luxury Safari Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)
Madikwe Safari Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Tau Game Lodge(Madikwe Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsriver houseowner's houserose marypersonal chefgame drivesevery mealhouse managerthe reservewelcome songbreakfast in the bushsouth africaprivate chefbeyond belieffantastic hostsamazing familysafari experiencewhole experience
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I would rank it around seven stars! The reason we called them was because I've NEVER seen any hotel that has 100% perfect ratings on TripAdvisor. I know understand why after spending five days/ four nights at the Farm House. We have stayed at several "game lodges" that are five star and Morukuru blows them away. The common theme you will read on other reviews is the "no detail overlooked". This is so true. The oversized rooms are modern yet rustic. The staff looks after you like you're Mr. Mandela...you truly feel that special when you arrive until you leave. If your palate prefers simple toasty sandwiches, no problem. You enjoy roasted Duck? Just ask the Chef. I don't want to spoil the surprises but let me say EVERY DAY there was something done that makes you say, "Wow". We spent one night in a tree house in the middle of the bush, but it was more like staying at a Four Seasons Resort than sleeping outside. The investment is worth the memories you take away. Our only regret was not booking the house for seven days. We are already planning our next trip and encourage you to do the same.

Room Tip: Every room is the same so don't worry about room selection.
3  Thank brianparsley
MorukuruEluisa, Public Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Brian.......you had me going for a second! LOL :-)

Sincere thanks for everything, for the lovely review, for your generosity and for all the engaging emails building up to this Morukuru trip.
I truly hope that you were able to relax, reconnect with your family and create special memories to cherish for keeps.

Consider yourself part of "the Family".

Our best wishes to everyone,
Eluisa and the team

P.S. Mr. Mandela.....we are waiting for you!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were a party of six, 4 adults, one teen and one child, and stayed in the Lodge for 4 nights which was just about the right time to fully appreciate all that Morukuru has to offer, even though we would have loved to stay longer.  The accommodation is excellent, with every little detail being thought through.  The game viewing and the service were truly amazing.  We had our own ranger and tracker, and we were able to enjoy an exclusive game viewing experience without being crowded by other vehicles.  During our stay we viewed and followed the lives of 27 species of mammals, including all of the big five and the endangered wild dog.  Tracker Ephraum and ranger Calvin were wonderful.

Thanks to Cheree, George and Heidi, the food was first rate restaurant quality and the staff were only too happy to cater for the bland tastes of children and special needs for anaphylaxis. In addition to the enjoyable morning coffee and evening sundowner stops to break up a game drive, on each day at least one main meal was served out in the field which totally redefined the meaning of the term 'picnic' for me.

To sum up, truly amazing and we'd love to return one day.

1  Thank Ellen L
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have to start with the whole enquiry and booking process and how efficiently we were dealt with by Eluisa. This was customer service at its best and one does not get a better, warmer and friendlier service than we got. There are no unanswered questions and Eluisa went out of her way to make sure that our every request was catered for. Eluisa even went out of her way to meet us at Federal Air on a Saturday when we arrived for our flight to Morokuru to greet us.

As for the the game reserve it was beyond expectations! We were a family of six and stayed at Morokuru Farm House for three weeks during September. We have visited many game reserves in South Africa over the years but Morokuru and Farm House was truly amazing. We had some spectacular game viewing and saw several lion,hyena and wild dog kills actually happening. Sensational game viewing. Our early morning and (very) late night drives were so enjoyable and all made possible by the superb tracking skills of Feruson (Fergie).

All in all one has to acknowledge the exceptional service from all of the Farm House staff. This really feels like you are at home and the staff cannot do enough for you. Kevin your food was terrific and Philip your service standards are not something you can find across the world very easily.Thank you to all of the staff that made it so special.

And now to our guide Neil. Your professionalism, knowledge of the bush and becoming a great friend to us during our three weeks felt like we had gained another family member. You made it one of our best holiday's ever and it going to be extremely hard to leave behind. Thank you for a wonderful time and an incredible experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are as luxurious as each other. Room 5 has better views
1  Thank Lee G
MorukuruEluisa, Public Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Lee and lovely Family,

It was truly a pleasure to come out and meet you, after all our chats and emails it felt natural that I was there to welcome you back "home".

Thank you for all the wonderful things you had to say about all the members of the "morukuru family"... its what we love and to know that you had such a memorable stay is what makes what we do so worthwhile.

We hope to be able to share Morukuru with you and your family again soon.

Sending you some of the African spirit you know well....
Eluisa and the team

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Morukuru is perfect, simple as that! We were a family of two adults and three children (3,5 and7) and we stayed at the lodge for 10 nights. Could easily have stayed a month. Anthony and Amy were wonderful hosts, George and Joyce made sure we ate the most fantastic meals in beautiful locations. Anthony and Temba bought the african bush to life for us, showing us an astounding array of animals. Eluisa made the booking arrangements a breeze. I could rave about this place for pages, it was definitely our favourite holiday. Will be back!!

Room Tip: We looked at all three accommodation options and they all looked superb.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yardielife
MorukuruEluisa, Public Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Leah & beautiful Family,

So glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and it was truly a pleasure making it all happen! I hope the girls had a memorable stay and will never forget their "African holiday".

Morukuru will be waiting for your return.
My best wishes and a whole lot of Morukuru magic,
Eluisa and team

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Booked this vacation through Perfect Africa. Stayed from Aug 18-26, and really could have stayed forever! We were in the family lodge, and had Amy and Anthony as our hosts. I honestly can not put into words how our vacation experience was- the hospitality at this lodge is beyond words! Luxury is everywhere, service beyond any where I have been in the world! Just when you think that everything is perfect- they throw something else at you to blow you away. If the price is the hold up here, let me tell you I would have paid twice this much- It is worth every penny (and trust me- I am cheap!!!)
We were so lucky to experience so much that the reserve has to offer! Loved the children at the school, and having them come in and dance for our family- and of course Amy and Anthony made sure it was set up to perfection! George had to work so hard for our family- and Joyce's cooking- well- beyond fab!!! The staff behind the scenes were great, making sure our rooms were so clean, the pool area neat and tidy, laundry done...and so much more!
I won't tell you of all the animals were saw (trust me- there are so many- and I wouldn't want you to be disappointed if you missed out on ones we saw)- because on a safari there is no guarantees...animals are where they are, and you might not be...I think I could have driven around in the Land Rover all day and just 'enjoyed' the moment- without seeing a single animal! BUT- with guides and trackers like Anthony and Temba- they will try their hardest to make sure you see as much as they can find- if there is an ear twitching on something living within 100 miles of the tracker- he will spot it! I have no idea how- but he does!!!
I could rave on and on about this place, but you really need to go to experience it! I love using trip advisor to help book my trips, and this property is number one ofr a reason!!! Because it doesn't get any better than this. REALLY!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MorukuruEluisa, Public Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you so much for this touching review......knowing that you have left with such treasured memories, is the greatest gift of all!

From your Morukuru "Family"