Mosetlha Bush Camp & Eco Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Woodlane Hotel(Gaborone)
$109
Hotels.com
Room 50 Two(Gaborone)
$186
All reviewsdonkey boilerno electricityhonesty barbucket showeroil lampshot waterwild dogsbig tablecamera batteriesthe reservetoilet and shower facilitiesgame drivesopen sidessharing storieswonderful experienceother guestsauthentic safari experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Had an amazing stay, the game was fabulous and our drive Kgomotso was very good with spotting and explaining the game and added to the experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was at this camp in its very early days--in 2001. I was an active member in The Botswana Photographic Society and we organised a club trip to the camp. I was rreally impressed by how well organised the camp was and the fact that they proudly and quite rightly announce to you that the whole camp could be dismantled overnight and the site would immediatley be restored to its former status before the camp was built! I loved the hot water showers--you fill the pail yourself! It all works really well. And the food and hospitality along with the konwledegeable guides is supberb. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I was recommended Mosetlha by a local friend. What a fantastic place after spending so much of my time in 5 stars hotels. Back to the nature, no other sound than the silence of the bushes and the enchanting sky at night with a unique view on stars and milky way.
For a first safari tour, I could not start better than in an unfenced camp! With hosts like Caroline (now owner after her parents), Johnny and Kgomotso - best guide rangers in Madikwe - the scene was set for a unique 3 days - and they were!!
Wonderful game ride where our guides found unique 6 baby lions with their 2 adult female, rare caracal, baby rhino amongst the other big 5. UNIQUE!! Even James & family who have experienced other camps (... "don't go to Jacky's!!") were astonished by the Madikwe richness.

The atmosphere at the camp was extremely friendly with Caroline's smile making everyone relax and comfortable. Hot bottle kindly delivered in the bed at night to forget the chilly night & morning in the winter season.
No doubt my best memories for a first safari!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I arrived at Mosetlha on the Friday afternoon, to a wonderful fresh lunch and an elephant just outside the camp. Shortly thereafter, we all went on a game drive. Johnny (the field guide) was just wonderful!!! He was very quite but clearly knew his stuff exceptionally well!
The camp was really comfortable, and despite the chilly weather, nice and warm. It was such an authentic experience, which is not at all easy to translate into words - one feels like justice simply can not be done. From the donkey boiler to the metal bucket showers, EVERYTHING and EVERYONE was just perfect. Our host, Caroline, was just a delight and very passionate about the eco-friendliness of the entire camp. the rest of the staff were welcoming and very efficient. Kgomotso, our other field guide, was incredible too - a HUGE thank you for the most incredible game drive I have ever been on!
I can strongly recommend that everyone looking for a real bush experience gives Mosetlha Bush Camp & Eco Lodge a visit!!!!!
P.S. the bobotie is the best!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My S.O. and I spent two nights at Mosetlha Bush Camp at the end of June/beginning of July and had a truly memorable stay. Mosethla stands out as one of our favorite destinations from our many trips to South Africa over the last fifteen years.

I was an avid camper and backpacker in my youth (and still do the odd camping trip, now and then), so I guess what I liked best about Mosethla is that this is close to a camping, "natural" experience - albeit, with lots of luxuries and a very helpful support staff thrown into the bargain! Despite the fact that rooms are not en-suite and there is no electricity and running water, do not be deceived into thinking that a stay at Mosethla is a "roughing it" experience. The rooms are more than comfortable - and what a treat to stay in a partially open-sided room where you can hear the wild and look out and see the stars at night! The vault toilets were the cleanest and most "pleasant" I have ever come across, and the hot water provided by the donkey boiler system more than adequate for nice, hot showers. Meals were simple, but ample and tasty. There is a decent selection of beers, wines and soft drinks at very down-to-earth prices -- we really appreciated this.

The staff at Mosethla was wonderful - outgoing, friendly, caring and capable. Most of them have been with Mosethla since the camp opened, which tells you a lot about the management of the place and how it treats its staff. Our ranger, Jonny, was tops. He is an unusual guide in that he is not full of small talk and showmanship - unfortunately, so many rangers we've had on other safaris feel an annoying need to entertain you constantly - but was one of the most knowledgeable and professional rangers we've come across. His tracking skills are legendary within the park, and he "produced" wonderful sightings of game for us time and again. A highlight was tracking a leopard for the better part of an hour and then finally - presto! - Jonny found him deep in the bush!

We had the pleasure of being in camp when the founder's daughter, Caroline, was present. She is a delight with head and heart in the right place and has now taken over the running of the business. To Caroline: Good luck and keep up the good work!

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple