“absolutely fab”

Tau Game Lodge
northern ireland
“absolutely fab”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Just back from 4 nights at Tau Game Lodge. We stayed in the family suite just beside the water hole. A huge herd of elephants cam to drink one afternoon, the next day we had zebra and then we had wart hog. The whole experience was fantastic. Our Ranger was Moura and she was brilliant, she had a brilliant sense of fun and her knowledge was excellent. Would thorughily reccommend this game lodge and would especially recommend that you ask for Moura as she definitely made our holiday. The rest of staff are also excellent especially Aubrey, \michael and Marcus who all made us feel like this was truly our home.

• Liked — moura our ranger
  • Disliked — nothing it was all great
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank nikkistewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Joburg
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Helpfull staff.
Very nice reception and wellcome by the manager
Beautifull room with lots of details.
Very baby friendly.
Nice pool, food and astonishing game view at the waterhole.
Altogether a fantastic relaxing stay

• Liked — The waterhole in front of our room
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank igiB
Portugal
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I've been to Tau game lodge twice and both of them were amazing experiences. Our first time our ranger was SAM, Sam is the best ranger possible and with him we saw all the essentials and he did more then his share to please us, we only have to think him for his time dedicated to us, specially regarding his "off-track" to see the lions in one raining evening.
The lodge itself is heaven on earth, the rooms are the best and the view is just breath taking... right facing the water and the elephants come to eat in front of your room (my partner woke-up one day at 4am with the big male elephant eating.. it was just to cry for).
In general the place is amazing, the safari amazing, the food is great... and I'm a very weird with my food (i dislike soooo many things), the Staff is very helpfull (I had a headache and they gave me this powder that worked after 2 minutes.. they gave me couple more and when I arrived in johannesburg I just had to buy and bring it home).
I only have one thing to say... and I hope some one at Tau reads this...
Each ranger has 3 rooms (I think... maybe 4!!) but in our second trip we arrived one day after the other 4 English guests... Maybe because of our young age (24) and maybe afraid we wouldn't tip him... Our ranger simply didn’t care what we wanted to see!! Only what the group of 4 wanted... and they wanted to see just BIRDS!!! In my first 2 safaris we saw ... you guess it... BIRDS!!! Only on our last safari... I got MAD... and they (4guest + ranger) got the hint!! Only then we saw... giraffe and zebras... yes you read right only then. So my advice is... just because we are young dosen't mean we won't tip, our opinion is important. In any case... belive it or not, this 4 English guest, after all the work he had with them... they didn't TIP... FUNNY isn’t it. I and my partner did, and he was just simply amazed with that!! I realize why, he had done nothing to please us!! Slap with a white glove.

Stay at TAU, everything is the best... but inforce your rights, and if "sharing" a ranger... don't be shy and say what you want to see. I will next time... I think I have to say it "Bloody BIRDS"
LOL

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank SheMadBird
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed January 2, 2006

I stayed for three nights at Tau Game Lodge, with my wife, daugther and son right after Christmas in 2005. It is a great place to take your kids for a perfect safari experience. The hotel is very well organized, with very good food and even better game drives. The rangers make everything so that the guests have the opportunity to see all animals, big and small, from very close range. It is a fantastic experience!

• Stayed December 2005