All reviews safari experience wild dogs the river bush walk holiday of a lifetime our honeymoon wonderful experience off road every meal food was amazing herd of elephants whole experience guide tracker amazing things south africa morning drive private game reserve
Reviewed March 6, 2015

We stayed 3 nights at Motswari and was def not enough wanted to stay longer, its a combination of everything that makes this place so special. First and most noticeable is the atmosphere when you are there you feel like part of the family, many other companies and managers should come and learn how to really run a company, everybody working here was happy and felt part of a close nit family. There aren't any bad day here in Motswari, from the food to the game drives everything was a wonderful experience. everybody goes out of they way to try to accommodate every little need you may have.
First night when we were picked up at your room since the animals run free around the property, so at 8pm a knock on the door since its dinner time, escorted by one of the employees to the dinning area, an elephant was roaming around just crossing over to the other side of the property!! dinner every night was another wonderful experience and food selections that would satisfy everybody.
Sitting by the wonderful pool which overlooks a watering hole one afternoon a whole herd of elephants came around then proceed to move across the pond and onto the property and kept on moving on, another amazing experience which makes this wonderful place unforgettable.
In all everybody at the Motswari made our stay a wonderful experience, def looking forward returning sooner then later, in the meantime I will keep this place in my happy place.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2015

Thank you so much for your review Nelson - it was great having you both here and am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I hope to see you back here one day soon so we can track down that elusive leopard!!

Safe flying and all the very best from us all at Motswari.

Reviewed March 6, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at motswari for 4 nights while on honeymoon. There are 2 drives a day- 5 30 am and 4 pm. The guides are knowledgeable and are able to drive off-road for animal sightings. This is a lot different than a self dive in kruger proper where you have to stay on the paved road and might get lucky with an up close sighting. The food was amazing and even accommodated my carnivore husband with local treats such as kudu while treating me to vegetarian dishes. The staff even heard is was our honeymoon and made a special treat for us. Honestly, great location for seeing the big 5, well appointed rooms, friendly staff. Not sure if we could have even asked for more. Be sure to ask for a room overlooking the watering hole so you can see animals come to drink. Also, if you arrive early you can attend the evening game drive. Must stay!

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seeshele

Thank you so much for the review - I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience and hope to see you back at Motswari one day very soon!

I hope the rest of your honeymoon was amazing and that Motswari may be in your thoughts as a possible anniversary destination!!

Very Best Regards from the whole Motswari family.

Reviewed March 3, 2015

Well, what can i say but a lovely place, and our four night stay was simply not long enough. We were so well looked after by everyone, and Chad and Goodman, our Guides were fantastic. We saw far more than I had expected and it was so wonderful to see all the animals up so close. Chad even found a Leopard for me on my birthday which blew me away. The photographic advice from Chad was briliant and I know has made a difference to my photos and memories. I had a lovely evening for my birthday and was quite taken aback with everyone coming out singing and my cake - so thank you for making it a truly special day for me. The hospitality, the food, everything was outstanding and cannot wait until we can return for another longer visit. Motswaris' strap line of "Arrive as a visitor and leave as a friend" is so true, so thank you..

Room Tip: we stayed in the Elephant room which is gorgeous
1  Thank Caitriana

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Motswari!! I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that Chad, Goodman and the whole team contributed to your stay and your birthday celebrations!!

I hope to see you back here one day soon and am always glad to hear you would like to stay for longer...

Reviewed February 27, 2015

Dave and Thea are the most delightful and friendly people. Motswari truly was peaceful from the beginning to the end of our stay. Their hospitality, staff and food are ALL outstanding. Henry was an excellent Guide and Patrick an outstanding Tracker, both were friendly, professional and full of knowledge...they made everyday memorial. We saw the BIG FIVE in addition to Wild dogs. Our time was short on our final morning and so Henry suggested a short Bush walk of an hour and a half before breakfast. If time suggest you do this as you see so much more on foot from trees, insects, tortoise and an Elephant.

Thank you to Everyone at Motswari.

Room Tip: Go for a guided Bush Walk.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Motswari Susan and thank you for your kind words!

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us and will make sure that Henry, Patrick and the whole team see your positive feedback!

I hope to welcome you both back to Motswari one day soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2015

We spent two nights in your wonderful lodge. The living houses were very comfortable and dining rooms were extremely nice with a wonderful sight over the nature and a small river with a lot of animals. The food was delicious and service exilent and very friendly. We made four trips out in the bush with a LAND ROVER and two very experiant and knowledgeable guides, who toke us very, very close to all the big five and a lot of other animals. It was far beyond our expectations and really extonishing. A great adventure.

Room Tip: All the cottages are almost equal
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Marianne och Jö... S
DAVID K, General Manager at Motswari Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Motswari - I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and hope we see you back here one day soon!!