After spending 20 days in a Princess Suite on QM2, sailing from Melbourne to Cape Town, then staying in a luxury apartment on the V & A Waterfront for 6 days, I would have to say, our 3 days at Motswari was the highlight of our trip.
Everything was of excellent service and quality and a wonderful and amazing experience.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted so warmly and were made to feel special during our whole stay.
The meals were delicious and in such beautiful settings. Dinner was served in the BOMA, which was a fenced in outdoor area with a huge fire in the centre. Lunch and breakfast were served in a verandah setting. Our bungalow was warm and comfortable.
However, the highlight was the wonderful twice daily game drives. Our guide, Harold was friendly and knowledgable - he couldn't do enough for us.
I will never forget our tracking of a leopard for over half an hour, it was truly an amazing experience.
With never more than 6 people in the jeep, we had superb viewings of all the animals and birds.
I can't speak too highly of Motswari and hope one day I can return.
Thank you David for all your attention and making this trip one to remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to Africa's Big Five is Motswari Private Game Reserve. One of South Africa's jewels nestled within the Timbavati Nature Reserve, this family-owned and operated four-star luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation.The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana and the owners have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the splendour of an African sunset at this vintage bush lodge.The 150 square kilometres that make up the reserve are part of the greater Kruger Park and guests will be treated to wildlife in their natural habitats as part of their unforgettable experience of Southern Africa. Ideally situated and exclusive, Motswari Private Game Reserve holds the best of everything for the traveller to the untamed majesty that is Africa.If you’re looking for a relaxed atmosphere, peaceful communion with nature and a private experience on a traditional African game farm, this holiday location is for you!Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackersMid morning bush walks * Safari walks in lieu of morning game drives guided by armed field guidesOvernight bush hiking and camping sleep-out experience for groups of 4 with experienced guides*Hide sleep-outs in the Motswari Game Reserve*Swimming pool*Boma & bush dinners*Pre-lunch safari interest talks*Curio shop at Motswari Game Lodge*Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner*Library and Art Gallery with 24-hour internet facility at Motswari Game Lodge*Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge*An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day and covers 2 game drives per day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Motswari Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motswari Private Game Reserve Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Motswari Private Game Reserve South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve