My family has been visiting Motswari regularly since 2008, with my sister having stayed there 6 times and myself having stayed there 4 time. After having stayed at many different game reserves throughout South Africa and in particularly within the Greater Kruger/Timbavati area, we all relish our time at Motswari. Each visit we have been blown away with the high level of service we've received at Motswari.
The lodge elegantly combines all the comforts you'd need for a visit to the lowveld, providing a 5 star service while maintaining a friendly atmosphere, without any pretentiousness that you can get at other lodges. The rangers knowledge is exceptional and they go to every effort they can to give you the best sightings possible, including taking you out outside of the nominated game drive time should there be good sightings. Although, you must bear in mind that these are wild animals in a wild setting so nothing can be guaranteed, which applies to any game reserve. Saying that we have seen the big 5 on every visit and have also been lucky enough to witness some of the most amazing animal interactions we could never have dreamt of (and both my sister and I are zoologists so we know what we're talking about).
The food is incredible and even more difficult dietary requirements (i.e. strict vegan) and excellently catered for. All round would highly recommend Motswari if you are looking for an African bush experience. I know we're all looking forward to our next visit despite only having left yesterday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to Africa's Big Five is Motswari Private Game Reserve. One of South Africa's jewels nestled within the Timbavati Nature Reserve, this family-owned and operated four-star luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation.The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana and the owners have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the splendour of an African sunset at this vintage bush lodge.The 150 square kilometres that make up the reserve are part of the greater Kruger Park and guests will be treated to wildlife in their natural habitats as part of their unforgettable experience of Southern Africa. Ideally situated and exclusive, Motswari Private Game Reserve holds the best of everything for the traveller to the untamed majesty that is Africa.If you’re looking for a relaxed atmosphere, peaceful communion with nature and a private experience on a traditional African game farm, this holiday location is for you!Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackersMid morning bush walks * Safari walks in lieu of morning game drives guided by armed field guidesOvernight bush hiking and camping sleep-out experience for groups of 4 with experienced guides*Hide sleep-outs in the Motswari Game Reserve*Swimming pool*Boma & bush dinners*Pre-lunch safari interest talks*Curio shop at Motswari Game Lodge*Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner*Library and Art Gallery with 24-hour internet facility at Motswari Game Lodge*Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge*An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day and covers 2 game drives per day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Motswari Private Game Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motswari Private Game Reserve Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Motswari Private Game Reserve South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve