My husband and I spent 3 nights at Kings Camp and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The manager met us with drinks and cool cloths, showed us around (the library, dining room, bar, elevated viewing platform overlooking watering hole, swimming pool, and baobob tree!), and by the time we got to our room our bags were waiting for us. The room was huge; king bed (very comfortable), armoire, sitting area, private terrace in back, roomy bathroom with double sinks, tub, and indoor and outdoor showers. Food and drinks were included, and we enjoyed all the meals, including a surprise dinner out in the bush with campfires and lanterns. We went out every morning and afternoon on game drives with our ranger, Remember, and our tracker, Elvis. Game viewing was exceptional, although one must understand that animals cannot be "guaranteed"; the white lions that had been there the week before had moved out of our range, but we had amazing encounters with leopards! There was just enough time for relaxing between 2 game drives and 3 meals a day! I made several visits to their gift shop, which had some lovely things and was reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Kings Camp reflects the charm and romance of a colonial past in a pristine corner of unspoilt Africa. Kings Camp is situated facing an open savanna plain with a waterhole, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife, day and night.Eleven generously spacious colonial suites are luxuriously equipped with air-conditioning, Victorian ball-and-claw bath, indoor and outdoor double shower, fully stocked mini-bar and private verandah. Dark tones of wood and thatch offset the natural colours of the bushveld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Booking.com so you can book your Kings Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Kings Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve