Chose this safari camp over others because it was advertised as "authentic" bush experience. What that means is that there is no electricity (rooms are lit by by paraffin lamps) and no internet, but you can charge your camera batteries and other devices. What you get is expert trackers and rangers, the big 5 plus, very good food (they accommodated our vegetarian requests) and comfortable rooms, all with ensuite. The bonus is that you can stay in their treehouse overnight, sited by a watering hole, for a whole other experience.
What you don't get is a private chef cooking for you! Umlani staff are friendly, knowledgeable and aim to please. A first-class experience at very reasonable rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve