Second visit to Umlani Bushcamp and another wonderful experience. The staff are fantastic and you feel part of the "family" from the first time you step onto camp. Be prepared to share you hut with guests that you may not find at first glimpse! We loved our matching gecko's and our friends shared their shower with the frogs. Monkeys apparently love to steal your malaria tablets and fudge so another couple found out so pay attention to what you leave hanging around. Sit at the bar and see who visits the waterhole on the other side of the bank. Candlelit dinners and drinks round the campfire.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve