We were lucky enough to stay at Umlani on our first trip to South Africa. The ratings were high and the rates very reasonable, the location for game viewing excellent, BUT, the reason to return is for a 'lodge' experience not isolated from the land and animals. Umlani is casual, open, and centered on the biodiversity surrounding it. Yes, the food is good and the rooms comfortable, service is excellent, and the staff knowledgeable. But there is none of the separation one often feels in more luxurious settings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve