Three days of amazing experience in the Greater Kruger National Park staying at a bush camp Umlani!Stayed in little huts (comfortable) with no electricity to add to the charm of the bush and open shower. Six incredible game drives.Oh my gosh! The animals we did see! So much to tell but what I can say this time spent here at Umlani was one of my high lights in South Africa. The staff were wonderful and made our stay very comfortable. You hardly saw them! But they produce very good meals and kept our rooms very clean. The pattern for the three days were Knock knock at 5am for pancakes and brekkie. Out for a game drive. Back for brekkie. A walking safari one morning and the next time spent in the treehouse by the waterhole. Lunch.
In the afternoon another game drive follow by a sunset drink.. Once arrive back in camp a sumptuous South African meal waits us hungry people.
Our driver Ginger is so cool and knows his job inside and out and is a very good tracker. Words cannot put the experience down in actually seeing all the animals. You must go and live this experience yourself.
I saw elephants, giraffes, zebras and THE BIG FIVE many, many times....the list was long. A must do on your list to South Africa is to visit and stay in this camp and be looked after by all the beautiful people who operate this camp in the national park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve