We stayed for three days at the beginning of the new year. The schedule is well thought out for serious but low-pressure learning about the animals and the bush. When we were not on a bush drive we were treated with warmth and comfort. By the second day, the passion of the staff for the animals and the park was infectious. Umlani means rest and at the end of the third day I didn't want to leave-- every need was taken care of, especially the need to reflect over an elegant lunch or dinner. I was glad to be away from the email and internet. I recommend that folks book a few hours in the tree house; from there we watched giraffes take a drink and a Impala avoid the crocodile. Ginger and David stood out for their respectful and attentive responsiveness to our need to rest and to be engaged with the goals fo the Park and the camp. I would go back, its a great deal. TeresaG
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Umlani Bushcamp, a rustic yet exclusive lodge, accommodates guests in cozy en-suite reed and thatch rondavels. Early morning and evening game drives are in open four wheel drive vehicles accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers offers exceptional game viewing opportunitys. Umlani makes the whole event personalized and specializes in escorted walks into this unspoiled wilderness. Umlani, meaning Place of Rest, was established in 1990 by Marco and Marie-Louise Schiess, in the central section of the Timbavati Nature Reserve, which is part of the greater Kruger National Park. Umlani is the perfect nature lovers choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Umlani Bushcamp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umlani Bushcamp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Umlani Bushcamp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve