Kambaku is the perfect mix of African bush and first class accommodation/service. If you're looking for somewhere that feels like the African bush while still feeling pampered, this is the place to go. It's small (max 16 people) so the service is top notch and you never feel like you're getting lost in the crowd, and you're in the middle of the bush so that you can hear hyenas and lions at night and never know what you might see (incl. elephants, jackals, leopards) from the grounds (sometimes even from your room). Plus they have a resident family of warthogs that are always hanging out around the pool. Normally I'd like to try different places but with Kambaku I've been twice and am about to go for the third time.
If you're staying for a couple of days you'll very possibly see the big 5 (sometimes they see all five in one drive) as well as leopard and a long list of other equally awesome species (eg. zebra, giraffe, wild dog, cheetah, hyena, honey badger, lots of antelope and bird species...the list goes on...). The best part of staying at a private lodge like Kambaku (aside from the service) is the quality of game viewing - you'll definitely get up close and personal with most of the animals you see.
I've been on safari in South Africa, Botswana, Kenya and Tanzania and I can Kambaku has offered the best guiding out of all of them. The guides that work here really know their stuff and truly care about the bush as well. They will do their best to get you perfect photograph opportunities while respecting the animals, the bush and other vehicles in the area. The expanse of bush and the limited number of lodges in the area also make for intimate drives - sometimes you may not even see another vehicle your whole drive (and sightings are limited to max two vehicles at a time, so you don't have 20 vying for a position and ruining photos). If you're heading there ask for Van and you'll not only get a guide who knows just about everything there is to know about Africa, but you'll likely get some laughs and a bit of cheekiness along the way.
It's the little things that cinch the deal here - from the special dinner set-ups to the cute bed-time stories they leave for you at night, you won't regret booking your stay at Kambaku.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kambaku Safari Lodge is nestled in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, which can be found within the world renowned Greater Kruger National Park.The camp is well situated in this unspoilt natural wilderness area, home to an astonishing array of animals including the Big 5. Kambaku provides the ultimate escape from busy schedules, with eight well appointed thatched chalets overlooking our own private waterhole.Attracting guests from around the world, Kambaku offers superior standards in all of our facilities yet always maintaining a high level of environmental consciousness. Our dedicated staff will cater to the individual needs of our guests making for a truly memorable stay. With scrumptious bush cuisine in a relaxed, rustic setting our guests can truly unwind and immerse themselves in the restorative powers of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, South African Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Kambaku Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kambaku Safari Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Kambaku Safari Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve