I have never written a review on Trip Advisor before but we had such a fantastic stay at Shindzela that I couldn’t NOT write a review! Shindzela is a small unfenced camp with a maximum capacity of 12 guests, so you know that you’re getting the personal touch! The staff all know sooo much about animals and I’m thrilled to say that we were able, thanks to their expert tracking, to see all of the Big Five, as well as all sorts of other animals! The leopard was phenomenal and the fact that we could go off road to get a close look made the experience what it was. Being 2 metres away from a lion and feeling too close to take a picture was also truly a once in a life time experience that I know we’ll never forget. They have an enormous area of land all to themselves. Also, since the camp is unfenced, the animals can wander all around; we heard hyenas and leopards outside our tents at night!
The staff were so welcoming and helpful that we felt sorry to have to say our goodbyes. The food was scrumptious – much better than we were expecting! The tents were luxurious and it was really liberating to feel as though you were showering outside.
I would strongly recommend anyone going on safari to stay at Shindzela. We absolutely loved it! Don’t stay anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Shindzela Tented Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve