We signed up for a 'walking safari' thinking it would be an adventure and get us nearer to nature. How true this turned out to be. Tracking rhino on foot, from the mud pool to the mud on bushes, to the 'very recent' (& steaming) pile of dung, then a sighting of white rhino. So exhilarating, one of our best experiences ever.
Dave & Enock kept us feeling safe at all times. Their knowledge & enthusiasm for all the flora & fauna was limitless; we are interested in everything, not just the big 5, & they realised this, helping us to see & learn so many things.
The camp is basic, the food excellent, our memories will last a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Shindzela Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve