We can't recommend Shindzela highly enough, we had a truly magnificent 3 nights there and only hope we can go back one day. Having lived in South Africa for 3 years some years ago we had stayed in several safari camps, including some far more costly than this, but this was our most enjoyable experience . The place does what it says, a 'real' bush experience orchestrated by David, a man who is so obviously passionate about the bush and keen to share it with others. The camp wants for nothing, it is very atmospheric all the necessary amenities are there. The 'tents' are very comfortable, the feeling of not being fenced in certainly heightened the experience and it was lovely to lie in bed listening to the sounds of the bush going on around us at night. We had the tent furthest away from the dining area etc, and I would highly recommend that. The staff were all wonderful, Dave and Stephanie our delightful guides took us on walking safaris where we came across a family of 5 rhino with a baby (at all times we felt completely safe and that Dave was in control of a situation). Having been on safari before and seen the Big Five many times we were just as eager to see the smaller inhabitants of the bush and our tracker and guides didn't disappoint, with night sightings of a chameleon (don't know how they spotted that one), interesting birds and insects etc. Afternoon visits from Wanda the warthog who came to scratch those hard to get at places on the tree trunks and side of the pool was all the entertainment we needed! The ladies in the kitchen didn't disappoint either, homely meals, well prepared were the order of the day and lovely drinks and snacks when out on game drives meant walking safaris were a must! There honestly was nothing we could fault. Just keep on educating people that there is more to the bush than the Big Five and you can't go wrong. Fantastic value which we will recommend to friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Shindzela Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve