How does one summarise and review the experience you get from Dave and his team at Shindzela?.......Well....Special
5 days undisturbed peace, tranquility and on the odd occasion - an elephant induced adrenaline rush! This is a wonderful place to really experience life in the bush. There are no personal butlers, spa treatments and flatscreen TV's; instead you get Dave and his 2 rangers (Mike and Sam) overloading you with a staggering amount of knowledge on their surroundings, some very tuneful bird calling and the ability to spot game amongst the thickets with deadly accuracy ( I on the other hand was very good at pointing out those very common rhino shaped rocks and lion shaped trees).
With no perimeter fence, the camp was prone to the odd elephant strolling past our tents and big buffalo bulls coming down to quench their thirst in the midday sun. I would like to say this drew my full attention but Shindzela's secret weapon had just served lunch.........Gertie and Malita's food could distract you from any David Attenbrough event that was occuring - the beaming smile and introduction to every meal was a joy to behold and the quality of the food cannot be put into words.
There is no other place that I would like to return to so quickly, mostly because the crafty leopards ran us around in circles following their very fresh tracks and then hiding at the last minute.....oh the excitement and the heartache!
Thanks for a brilliant time and I look forward to heading back their as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shindzela is an authentic tented bush camp situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, greater Kruger National Park. The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests and is unfenced, making it very much part of the wilderness. Shindzela is not built by an award winning architect, nor is it furnished by an interior designer. What you will find though, is a comfy bed, freshly laundered linen, and décor from local crafters and artists. Shindzela is a comfortable/rustic tented bush camp, where you can relax, enjoy our warm hospitality and immerse yourself in the African wilderness. We love our informal, relaxed atmosphere. Each safari tent is built on wooden decks, and has their own en-suite shower/toilet and hand basin. The camp also has a swimming pool and overlooks our little watering hole, from where you can watch animals come down to drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Shindzela Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shindzela Tented Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Shindzela Tented Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve