Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews self catering safari lodge dietary needs watering hole amazing experience whole team game drives martin lion accommodation bush elephants leopard meals guide knowledge tracker
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2019

We absolutely loved our stay at RockFig- from the staff, the safari guides, the rooms, the food... everything exceeded my already high expectations and created such a fantastic safari experience! I have already highly recommended the lodge to my friends and family and hope to come back again myself. We really enjoyed our safaris with Christof and Isaac- they were so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about all of the animals we saw. I also could not believe how fun it was when the elephants stopped by the pool! The lodge was cozy and modern, and the food was delicious and fresh. It was truly an excellent stay all around!

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

This was our first visit to Southern Africa and our first Safari. Our visit to Rockfig has spoilt us for ever more. Every aspect of our stay was perfect. Martin who met us from the plane was our guide for the stay and his knowledge and experience were second to none. We managed to see the big five within 24 hours of arriving and over the 4 days saw so much wildlife it was difficult to take it all in. Along with Edwell our tracker we managed to see the Rockfig line of blue eyed leopards more than once plus others including a male next to his kill. We also saw so many more Giraffes than we could have hoped for. Every question we asked was answered in detail and we came away knowing so much more about the animals and the bush they live in. Along with bush coffees, bush breakfasts and sundowners the whole safari experience was magical.
In the lodge the standard was equally as high. The rooms are wonderfully light and airy, tastefully finished with the most comfy beds ever. Looking out into the bush, we often saw animals from the room. The shared areas are similarly tasteful and the watering hole was often visited during afternoons laying by the pool. Elephants drinking from the pool (with me in it!) was a particularly special moment.
The whole Rockfig team were excellent, always there to help, friendly and engaging providing a high level of service. There was always someone to greet us on our return wanting to know how our day had been. This was our 25th Wedding anniversary ‘big trip’ and on our last night we were surprised with the bed made up beautifully covered in flowers and our table set for private dining. It was such a special touch we won’t forget.
The food throughout the stay was plentiful and of a very high standard, far exceeding our expectations. The chefs and waiting staff were always so happy to see contented customers.
In summary we could not fault Rockfig at all and would unreservedly recommend anyone to visit. It is a place we won’t forget.
Richard & Karen

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RShep66
Reviewed September 10, 2019

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Rockfig for three glorious nights with friends. Martin has selected his team well....the entire experience was first class! I’ve never cried when leaving a hotel and i’ll admit I had a hard time saying goodbye to Al, Lizzy, and everyone at the lodge. You all made us feel very special and we are hopeful to visit again! Thank you!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank carolynanacortes
Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I spent a few days here celebrating our honeymoon! We loved every minute of it! The lodge was modern, cozy, remote and beautifully decorated. One evening elephants dined next to the pool and another evening hyenas - a truly unique experience. The staff was extremely attentive and planned a surprise romantic dinner on our terrace to celebrate our honeymoon (and decorated the room). Our safari guide was a true professional - experienced and passionate (and went all out trying to make sure we didn’t miss any animals - we saw all the big 5 and then some!). The food was great and loved the outdoor breakfast in the bush and the morning and afternoon drinks and snacks next to our safari car. Was an amazing and memorable experience and we were sad to leave.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Now I know what it feels like to be really, really rich and have someone wait on you hand and foot. My wife and I and another couple spent a delightful four nights recently at RockFig Safari Lodge. I can’t say enough nice things about it.

The lodge only has eight what we call casitas in my part of the world. Everything is new and beautifully furnished. Our guide and tracker were both experienced and knowledgeable. The lodge only allows a maximum of four people in a vehicle for game drives. This is an important distinction when you see other vehicles with eight or 10 people crammed in. Lots of individual attention here.

Because the lodge is located on a private reserve, the guides can take the vehicle off road to follow or find animals. By the end of our second day, we had seen all of the Big Five. Beautiful, varied terrain and lots of animals.

Food was fantastic and staff was attentive and friendly. A wonderful way to begin our visit to Africa.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank 68Aalum
RockFig2018, Manager at RockFig Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review.