this is a great place. there is a family feel here. the staff/guides/resident managers are all
great. Omega and Aurela, the guide and tracker are wonderful. Elmarie and Charlie, the managers do a great
job and seem to really care about your comfort.
food was very good. They have 8 tents and 3 chalets. The tents are comfortable with a big bathroom area and outdoor
shower. they also have air conditioning.
The chalets are buildings and are closer to the main lodge. they are set up for families as they are bigger
and have 2 bedrooms.
They also have a pool that is very nice.
there is a lot of game to see. we saw 8 leopards in 4 days. I would highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve