We absolutely LOVED our stay at Simbavati!!! More than we could have wished for. We didn't know anything about safaris prior to booking, just took a chance. Stayed for 3 nights in the luxury tents - this is something everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime! Amazing tents right in the middle of it all (since the camp is unfenced, animals come and go as they please). All the amenities - air conditioning, comfy beds/linens, mini bar, coffee/tea maker, fresh drinking water replenished daily by staff, beautiful en suite bathroom, outdoor shower (amazing!!)... I can't say enough good things about it. Staff were so welcoming and friendly, made us feel at home. Meals were fantastic, mostly self serve with lots of options. Our favourite was the braai dinner around the boma!!! The game drives were amazing - our field guide Eddie and our tracker Caswell made sure that we saw everything we wished to see, including the Big 5 and much more. We couldn't believe how close we got to the animals, and the fantastic photos we have. The breaks on evening games were especially fun with sundowners. We really got to know the other guests on our drives as we spent everyday together. Also loved how we were referred to by staff as our room names, such as Impala. I really can't say enough about Simbavatj but it was the highlight of my first trip to South Africa, and I'd 100% recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing safari experience. Thank you!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve