Just completing a 3 night stay with our 2 kids (14 and 11) and have loved this Lodge.
Not as "super luxury" as some we looked at before booking but still luxury with all the trimmings as far as I am concerned. The size of the pool (v small) is the only thing that falls below my expectation of a 5 star; the 2-room family suite is fabulous (the main bedroom opens up completely to the huge verandah overlooking the river bed), the food has been really good and the welcome and level of service has been lovely.
The atmosphere is perfectly relaxed with no stuffiness to make you wish you hadn't brought the kids and with enough wifi and local power converters to help them stay in touch and while away the time between game drives.
We've really enjoyed the morning and evening drives (though I think 3 days worth is enough). Diff and Caswell have been really helpful and have worked v v hard to make sure we've seen a whole range of game (which we have). Amazing the team work that goes into sharing sightings but without ever feeling the game is being mobbed by vans - the virtue of a private reserve I guess. But, honestly, just driving the bush in their awesome landrovers would have been enough fun for me and the kids.
All in all, I can't recommend enough - definitely glad we pushed the boat out for a private lodge and picked this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve