An outstanding family experience for wife and I + daughter/husband and two grandchildren 12 & 13. We have done lots of these but it was a first for them and we could not have chosen better. Super guides, great game viewing including lots of leopards, wild dogs and white lions. Elephants and Nyala almost on your decking in the morning. Both tents and lodges (2 family rooms) are very well equiped. Nice plunge pool and very good food - all buffet style which allows for great flexibility. Impromptu entertainment by the Staff is super fun and the whole atmosphere is "nothing is too much trouble".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve