We stayed 4 nights at Simbavatti River Lodge with friends.
It was our first safari game and we got to see the Big 5 and a lot more, which was far above our expectations. We can't stop talking about it since returning home.
Our guide Christoff and tracker Daniel were well knowledged, professional and very friendly. The experience of being meters away from the animals was super exciting.
We stayed in 'BUFFALO' , a beautiful 2 bedroom lodge with many nice touches + a very special bathroom. The location on the river bank was perfect.
The food was excellent, plenty, extremely tasty and beautifully presented. To eat in the Boma at night by the fire was wonderful.
Our stay in Simbavatti was truly unforgettable!
Saddest check out ever!
Many thanks to Elmarie, Charlie and the whole team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve