Having almost given up on finding a last minute break we found Simbavati through a Google search - and we're so pleased we did!
From the initial phone enquiry and right through the subsequent booking process Megan was extremely helpful - demonstrating a real customer focus, and a willingness and ability to address our various queries.
On arrival at the Lodge we were immediately made to feel very welcome, and Anny's professional yet relaxed style set the tome for our three day stay. All the staff were very friendly yet discreet.
Our Ranger (Jimmy) and Tracker (Collence) were great - their knowledge and skill were extraordinary, and this meant there was always something to learn. Our boys particularly enjoyed the tracking - learning to identify various prints and poos! Seeing the "Big Five" was fantastic, but there is so much more besides. The variety and unpredictability - and the natural surroundings in Timbavati - were an impoirtant part of the overall game viewing experience.
Our elder son has some food allergies and we had never before been away on a fully catered holiday. Anny and the kitchen staff made a special effort to prepare meals accordingly which was much appreciated. The regular menu - including the home baking - was very tasty too! (We even brought home a couple of recipes!)
The "Elephant" bungalow was perfect for a family of four - having double + twin bedrooms and an enormous bathroom! The views from the deck were quite awesome - overlooking the river, with plenty of hippo sightings. I miss their extraordinary grunting at bedtimes!
In summary, we all had a wonderful three days at Simbavati. It felt a good length of stay - certainly glad it wasn;t any shorter. Our boys (aged six and three) have talked about it a lot since returning home - and they love dressing up as Jimmy and Collence, complete with their Simbavati caps!
Thank you Megan, Anny, Jimmy, Collence and team for a very special holiday. We sincerely hope we'll be able to get back there someday...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simbavati River Lodge is situated in the northern sector of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and surrounded by 12 000 hectares of wildlife and rich wilderness in which you can experience an authentic and affordable African safari.The design of this 4-star lodge is contemporary, warm and welcoming. Guest common areas offer a generously proportioned lounge, bar, boma and extensive decks with breathtaking views overlooking the Nhlaralumi river where regular wildlife sightings take place and guests can unwind.Accommodation consists of eight luxury tents and three chalets; all are privately situated, comfortably furnished and with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Simbavati River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simbavati River Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Simbavati River Lodge South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve