“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Ruidoso Downs
Springtown, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

If your going to Ruidoso, you owe it to yourself to check this motel out! Check-in was a breeze with my reservation, I cant say how nice the young lady at the front was, for 4 days she put up with us.

Room was very clean and the Bed, best we've slept on since on the road for a month and a 1/2. They are pillow top Beauty rest (yeah, I looked) 3 pillows in the Queen doubles. Micro, fridge and small coffee pot ( I bring my own coffee pot since we re on the road so much). Shower drain and pressure good as any motel We have been in. Towels where the only "shortcoming" thin. Internet signal very strong and was flawless uploading my work photos.

Continental was very basic, the normal waffle machine, but cooks for 2 1/2 minutes rather than just the normal 2 minutes (crispier on the outside) coffee, 2 kinds of cereal and some juice.

Not the best view in the world, but for the money, best room on this trip so far.
The restaurant next door "Jorges" is incredible, whether you stay here or not, it is a hidden gem as far as Mexican food and other staples. large menu, small place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
White Deer, TX
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have stayed in many different places during our visits to one of our favorite spots and have now found that Days Inn offers us the most convenient location for everything we like to do and at a very reasonable price. The room is clean and comfortable and check-in and out is very pleasant. Close proximity to the race track and casino, (Walmart if you need it), Denny's for breakfast, and just a short trip to downtown Sudderth for some leisurely shopping. This will be our new hangout in Ruidoso.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank xxtra_lean
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I nomoarlly stay at Sitzmark when I am in Ruidoso , but it was booked this night so I decided to try this one out. (Sitzmark blows this hotel out of the water in room quality and service if your wondering)

I saw another review here about the Hotwire deal and the problem with the king bed. Basically I reserved a room on Hotwire at this hotel for 2 adults and 1 child. They gave me a king bed just like the other reviewer. we dealt with it just because it was the last night of a very long vacation and we were depleted, but I will be filing a complaint with Hotwire on this hotel.

Now the room - The room was big the bed was nice , the TV was good. There was no batteries in the remote. The Bathroom was dirty and not very clean. The showers are not tubs but big tile showers you walk in, the floor to the shower in my room was slanted so the water would run right onto the bathroom floor. which made a huge mess. Their towels were thin.

The check in was a long delay as their hotel clerk made a mistake on he person who was at the desk when I arrived. They booked the people for 2 days on 1 room rather than 1 day and 2 rooms. The people were pissed. The lady at the desk was not a very pleasant person, she had a snicker to her , she was a white heavy set younger lady who had what appeared like her sister waiting for her to leave. So she was more interested in just leaving than checking me into my room when my turn came up. (one of the main reasons why i just took the room with 1 king bed than fight for the 2 beds) In Ruidoso you can get a better room for the price (see sitzmark)

Room Tip: Better hotels in the area , but this is a decent stay if your getting a hotwire deal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I didn't know what to expect from a $70 room in Ruidoso. I was pleasantly surprised. We had a king bed non smoking room that had a small living area with a couch, microwave, coffee pot, fridge, desk, nice big flat screen TV, VERY comfy bed, jets in the tub, very fresh and clean. It was very quiet. We didn't hear any neighbors. I would recommend this place to anyone. Very comfortable. We will visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank burnabean
Andrews, TX
Reviewed August 9, 2012

...but I'll write a review of it. I made a last-minute decision to make a weekend trip to Ruidoso. The Inn of the Mountain Gods had no availability, and I didn't have time to search the cabins, so I just went through Hotwire. It was $79/night as one of their "blind" bookings, which is too much for this place, but unfortunately, it's not a bad deal for Ruidoso. There was a bit of a snafu at check-in, because I had reserved the room for three people, but the room they had for me had one king bed. The lady at the front desk said I could have two beds if I wanted to pay extra, at which point I showed her my reservation for three people, and dialed Hotwire. Suddenly, she had a room with two beds for me. She blamed Hotwire, Hotwire blamed the hotel. You know how that goes. Also, the Hotwire description said they had an indoor pool, which I thought my daughter would enjoy, and which would give us something to do in the evenings. My preferred evening "activity" in Ruidoso is sitting outside, but that's not really something you want to do at a motel where your view is of the parking lot. Nevertheless, that didn't stop our neighbors from dragging the table and chairs out of their room onto the walkway for loud conversation and beer (perhaps we were unwitting extras in the show My Redneck Vacation). But alas, the pool was a pipe dream - a pipe reportedly broke that day, and no one could fix it on the weekend. I have no idea if that's true or not. It seemed fishy, because I asked if they had a pool, and the first response was no, and then came the excuse about the pipe. It just seems like if you normally have an operational pool, the answer would be yes, and you'd explain why that isn't the case at this particular moment, but it appeared to me that the default answer to that question was no. So if a pool is important to you, I encourage you to call them and ask about it in advance. As for the room, it was okay. The bed linens were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. We got a non-smoking room that didn't smell like smoke, and the air conditioner worked well. The floors weren't terrible, but the carpet had stains and didn't look clean, and the corners in the bathroom had some dust. The towels and bath mat were older, but not awful. And because it seems like I have to comment on the in-room coffee everywhere I stay, here's my take on that: get creamer from the lobby, because the powdered creamer in the packets in the room doesn't dissolve. It's disgusting. Continental breakfast was not bad. They had the do-it-yourself waffles, toast, pastries, cereal, and oranges. There's not much seating, though, as you can see from the pictures on their website. And the "business center" was a shelf, about 3'x1' with a computer on it. I wasn't there for business, but I thought it was funny. I guess it's better than nothing if you need a computer. All in all, I would have been very pleased if I had paid about $40/night, but it was a bit overpriced for what I got.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ruidoso Downs hotels

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Advertised with an indoor pool, even Kayak had that info. No pool! Staff said there used to be one. Disappointed!

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Days Inn Ruidoso Downs, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We never like to have to close down our pool. There are times that it is in the best intrest of our customers and for your safty and the safty of our other guests that we do close the pool when repairs need to be done.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 575-378-4299.

Vick Bhak
Operations Mgr
Days Inn Ruidoso
Holloman AFB, New Mexico
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We cannot say enough good things about the Days Inn in Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico. The management and staff have the ability to turn a casual motel stay into a resort hotel experience. The accommodations are wonderful - the rooms are kept very clean, amptly furnished, and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff and management always treat us with the professionality and grace of a concierge. Although this a a moderatesized and priced facility, the alpine forests and high mountains surrounding the Days Inn in Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico, lend their beauty to make our visits here a most luxurious experience. A BIG "Thank You!" to all of the Days Inn-Ruidoso Downs management and staff. We will return often!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LakoComa
, Manager at Days Inn Ruidoso Downs, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Jonathan:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Days Inn Ruidoso.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 575-378-4299.

Vick Bhak
Comfort Inn - Midtown
Comfort Inn - Midtown
#4 of 23 in Ruidoso
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn

Been to Days Inn Ruidoso Downs? Share your experiences!