“Nice Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ruidoso Downs
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very good LQ breakfast, very good room with high ceilings, excellent internet ( wired and wireless), very good price ( not during racing season), OK bed, no grass for the dogs.

In addition to the standard waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice, good coffee, they serve real scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy (no meat in the gravy).

I had a king bed room. The room was quite roomy, the air conditioner actually worked well, the bed wasn't like mine at home, but was good. The shower head was pleasantly several inches above my head; not something that I normally find.

Woo Hoo!! 20MB internet. Wired and wireless. I've only had better once.

If you hunt around a little, there's a vacant lot next to the Denny's that you can let your dogs lose. Mine won't pee on gravel, and that's all that's available on the LQ site.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank johnfromlantzville

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay here. The hotel was super nice and inviting, as well as easy accessible. The staff was incredible. They were very patient, informative of the area, and genuinely nice. I don't think I saw one staff member that wasn't smiling and being helpful. I loved this town and this hotel. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

At first glance this is a decent hotel. The view is absolutely beautiful outback, with a great patio and sitting area. However, there is dog poop EVERYWHERE!!! Even though the hotel provides poop bags and trash bins in the dog walking area, no one uses them.
Indoors... The pool needs major work. Not only was it very dirty at the bottom, but the walls and ceiling are very water damaged. If you know anything about the dangers with water damage, mold and health, then you know why this is a major problem. The spa jets work somewhat, when they do they spit out something that clouds the spa.
The room itself was standard size for a double queen, the linens were clean, the bathroom was not! The water is extremely hard, it has a bad smell and there's lime scale everywhere.
The staff needs work. We had issues checking in. First if all I stood waiting to see a room for about 15 minutes while the desk clerk took two phone calls, making three reservations while there was a line. I asked to see a double queen or king with a pullout in the first floor if it was available. I was told seeing a room before paying wasn't allowed. It was against policy. Which I know isn't true. I've stayed at many La Quinta's and never had an issue. He have me several bogus reasons as to why I couldn't check out the room first, telling me I had to pay, make a reservation and how could he show me a room no keys were made for and if he had no clue where I'd be placed. Even though i'd already requested a first floor room and told him if I liked it, I'd want that room. After several minutes of runaround conversation, my husband came in and he immediately changed his tune. Handing us a key. It took about a half an hour for all this, not including seeing the room or checking in.
The biggest plus by far, is the outdoor area (minus the poop), we could sit outback watching wildlife and enjoying the scenery.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My overall experience was excellent. My room was very clean, the staff was very friendly and the hotel was very easy to locate and get in and out of. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking for a place to rest.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We used this as our base for trips around Ruidoso and Alamogordo. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was good except wasn't sure if wall thermostat or unit thermostat was in control. Also, they use satellite TV and could not find any list of available channels. Breakfast was typical for LQ. Was good way to start day. Was quiet and well lit property.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay! It was somewhat worth the trip after the horrible experience we had in Lincoln, New Mexico. So bad we just headed back to the Great State of Nebraska. You will be able to get everything off the History Shows you want. Your not missing much.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Wonderful! Staff was friendly and knowledgeable! In the evening there is chocolate chip cookies, a big hit with my 3 year old daughter! Pool area is great, large indoor pool and hot tub! Beds are very comfortable, we prefer fluffy pillows which they did not have, but that is a personal preference, so we just used 2!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
#4 of 23 in Ruidoso
Best Western Pine Springs Inn
Best Western Pine Springs Inn
#1 of 6 in Ruidoso Downs

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs? Share your experiences!