“Home away from Home”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ruidoso Downs
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel- first of all a special shout out to Jessie- i booked for spring break about a month ago for a double queen b/c there was no king suites i called jessie who took my info and advised that she will keep an eye out for any cancellations- i had called a week before and she remembered me and said no ...well then i got a call on monday morning on our way to the hotel and she told me there was a cancellation! wow!! that made me feel really special! King room suite was perfect for us- space is good! The sofa bed was a tad uncomfortable but they gave me another roll away bed so no biggie... everyone at this hotel was nice! this is a great example of awesome customer service! the food was good, and the room was clean, and cleaned well after daily use. the only thing that bugged me was late 1 night we got a call from the front desk who advised us about the down stairs room complaining about noise above ( us) i got a little offended b/c i felt like we were being accused/ they assumed it was us. it was about 10 pm and we were all laying down resting watching tv the only thing i can think it could have been was when we laid out the pull out bed? then i realized next door to us ( b/c we were at the end there was only the room to the left) was being really loud, jumping around etc.... i called them to tell them perhaps next door... maybe instead of calling directly they could investigate? BUT thats not to take away from this hotel and the personnel. We will def come back again, and i would def recommend this hotel to other people that will be visiting Ruidoso. Location was good as well. Thank you Team la quinta for making our family vacation that much better!

Room Tip: Mountain view is good- king suite for a small family.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were pleased with the accomodations, nice breakfast, clean hotel area and rooms. The price was within my price range, except that the indoor pool was not heated so did not swim will call ahead next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
New Braunfels, TX
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Super clean, very complete breakfast, indoor pool is great if traveling with children. The rooms are fine, the only thing we did not like was the pillows...too hard and uncomfortable. We will stay at La Quinta next time we visit Ruidoso.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had to stay a night in Ruidoso, NM on business and was told the LaQuinta there was the best bet. The advice was correct. Nice location and very welcoming, to the point that there were fresh baked cookies available at sign-in; my timing was perfect, although they smelled wonderful, I did not indulge. Everything was spotless, the room was very comfortable (pillow top bed an added plus) and quiet. The complimentary breakfast offered a wide variety of choices in a pleasant location with a very friendly attendant. Kudos!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary trip to Ruidoso in July 2012. We stayed in the two room suite and found it to be quite enjoyable. The hotel itself was very clean and all accommodations were up to date. The complimentary breakfast was good, offered a good variety of foods, and the staff was always helpful and friendly. The pool and hot tub area was nice, very clean and stocked with plenty of towels. We asked for directions at the front desk and the manager dropped everything to draw us a map and ensure we understood the directions. We make frequent trips to Ruidoso, we love the atmosphere of the area, and have stayed at several different hotels; the La Quinta in Ruidoso Downs is by far the best place to stay in the area.

Room Tip: The two room king suite is the only room we ever stay in, I have no idea how the other rooms compare...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
El Paso, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a GREAT place to stay. Traveling with my dog ... staff was welcoming & accomodating! Bed/pillows really comfortable. A nice area to walk my dog. An actual view of the river & meadow. I will stay here whenever I visit Ruidoso Downs, even if I am not bringing my dog.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have to travel to Ruidoso for work on a monthly basis. This was my first stay at this La Quinta Inn. It was perfect! Reasonable rates. Microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Super friendly staff. Hot free breakfast that included eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, bagels, fruit, and cereal. Hot shower that STAYED hot and didn't fluctuate in temperature like so many hotels do. And... I'm not kidding... the most comfortable bed I've slept in in a very long time. (I'm going to find out what kind of bed it is. I want one. It's THAT comfortable.) The hotel also has an indoor pool that I will try out next time and also allows pets. All said... I'm looking forward to my stay next month!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
#7 of 23 in Ruidoso

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs? Share your experiences!