“Great place to stay in Ruidoso!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Ruidoso Downs
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ruidoso Downs
Austin
“Great place to stay in Ruidoso!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2007

I have no idea what the other reviewers for this hotel are talking about. My reservation was held when I arrived and the desk clerk was very helpful when I was checking in my room. The people in line in front of me did not have a reservation and they were quickly turned down for the reason that all the rooms had been booked.

The hotel staff was very friendly as well and I thought they were more than generous. Contrary to the story mentioned in the previous review, rather than seeing somebody charged double I saw somebody receive a refund for reasons I thought were absurd. The customer at the desk wanted a refund on the room because they got in a wreck in the parking lot and the hotel staff was more than happy to oblige to help accomodate the customer's stay.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Ruidoso. It has a great location near wherever you want to go in the town.

• Liked — Location and convenience.
  • Disliked — I had no problems.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

Good service, good price, perfect in between type of hotel.

• Liked — the servie
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

After reading two of the three reviews I was scared to stay there, but once I got there it was truly a vacation. The front desk was so helpful and the room was very clean. I plan on staying there every chance I get. Don't let the negative reviews scare you off, I had the best sleep ever!!

• Liked — Best Service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2006

It would appear that we encountered the same individual as the reviewer on Aug. 3, 2005. We made reservations through AmeriHost (now Ramada Inn – Ruidoso Downs) in March 2006. When we arrived, we were told that our reservation had been cancelled even though we had called 3 weeks prior to our arrival and our reservation was still there. This individual went through every scenario he could think of to bilk us into paying double for a room. Each scenario was proved false because we had a copy of the reservation with us. As a result we were given a choice; pay double the amount or leave. Due to his rudeness, arrogance and refusal to honor his agreements, we chose to leave. Since it was a Saturday and everything was booked up we had to leave Ruidoso. Based on previous reviews, it appears that the proprietor of this hotel has a history of such actions. We intend to contact Ramada (and everyone else who will listen) but would like to hopefully prevent this from happening to anyone else.

• Disliked — Being scammed by the proprietor.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make reservations at your own risk!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank US-Trekker

Travelers are raving about these Ruidoso Downs hotels

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2005

Positives: friendly staff & clean room

Neutral: nice indoor pool and hot tub (pool heater was broken and the water was cold when we were there, otherwise it would have been positve)

Negative: the free breakfast. not much selection. Try the Denny's next door.

Room Price: $79.00

I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank FLJ_11
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2005

I made a reservation at the AmeriHost Inn in June. When I got there, they said they didn't have my reservation and there was only ONE room left. Since it was high season in Ruidoso, I took the only room they said was available so that I would have a place to stay for the night, even though it was substandard to what I had booked. The next day I went to check out and they told me that I had two charges for two rooms. I tried to explain to the manager who was not there when I checked in the night before, that I only had one room and that the clerk the night before couldn't find my reservation. I'm not sure if it was because he didn't speak and understand English well or that was just his personality, but he got very irate, yelled and said he would be charging my credit card for two rooms. The other guests who were trying to eat breakfast, were uncomfortable watching this, but it didn't deter the manager. I told him to enjoy the $100 extra I was "bilked" and that I would never stay at any of their facilities again. As we left, another guest approached me and said that the manager was way out of line and they would never stay there again, either. I called their corporate number and they told me that the manager is the only one who can credit back a charge and/or make adjustments. I think they must really need every dollar that they can get since I am in Ruidoso at least once per month and they have lost me for good. It just seems to me that these folks treat guests like cattle and have no clue as to what true hospitality is. As I said above, you get what you pay for. Spend a little extra to stay in a nice facility in Ruidoso. It's a great village, scenic and this is the first hostile person I have ever encountered there.

• Stayed June 2005
Days Inn Ruidoso Downs
#4 of 6 in Ruidoso Downs
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ruidoso Inn

Been to Ramada Ruidoso Downs? Share your experiences!