“Filthy”

Ramada Ruidoso Downs
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Ruidoso Downs
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very disappointing stay! I was by myself and looking forward to a nice night, in a nice place. What a sorry example for Ramada. I took pics of the condition of the room, as it was pretty unbelievable. Dirty carpet, old dust and dirt built up in the corners. Tiles were broken or missing in the bathroom, and simply dirty. The window sill was disgusting!

Room Tip: Nothing good to say
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Martha B

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We have stayed at a couple of places in Ruidoso, over the years. While not up to the Standards of hotels we stay at in major tourist destinations, the Ramada is generally clean and well-maintained. The breakfast is simple and the coffee, while plentiful is just "ok". However, the staff really works hard to make sure we have a good stay. We were constantly changing plans on the hotel, adding rooms, changing check t and check in dates, etc. Katy at the front desk worked very hard to make sure we were accommodated well. She ensured we had rates that worked within our budget. During the winter week, the hotel was slow, but was sold out by the weekend. There was a very noisy family down the hall, but after a call to the front desk...the probably was instantly solved. I must say that that is not often the case with hotels charging much more with more prestigious names on the door.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel is not maintained well. Our kids swam in the pool and then sat in the hot tub. The bubbles in the hot tub were brown, so we told our kids to get out. The hallways were freezing cold and the manager on duty told us that was the owner's way of saving money. The first room we were in leaked water from the ceiling onto one of the beds. We were switched to an 'upgrade' that also leaked in the corners. Rooms were not cleaned well. Hair on the bathroom floor. When we checked out we almost slipped on the ice on the sidewalk because it was not iced. We were not given any type of credit for the water that leaked onto our clothes from the ceiling or for having to move to another room that only had one bed. The pull out bed was not comfortable. Owner/Manager was also rude.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

At one time it could have been a nice hotel but the owner does not maintain the hotel. Free breakfast was lacking, coffee tasted like water, hallways were freezing. Ceilings were crumbling and poorly patched. Bathtub and sink wouldn't drain. Beds were hard. Newspapers out of date. Ice on the sidewalk was treacherous. Owner was rude. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Went online to check availability and rates, came up showing room available and the rate was $69.99, called the 800-number. They found the site at tripadvisor.com but according to the operator the room would now be at a rate of $130. + tax for one night to which I replied that the $130. a night rate was not acceptable as I was looking right at the $69.99 and that I wouldn't book it at the higher rate. She said that her computer system was not coming up and that she was sorry but that she could only book me for the higher rate to which I replied no thanks, I believe that maybe the managers of the Ramada would like to know that they may be wasting their advertising money on tripadvisor.com as this site was useless. The Ramada Inn is loosing customers for this place.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel was in a very convenient location since it was on the main highway and close to The Downs and car show. It was very clean, and the people were extremely nice and very helpful. I enjoyed my swim in the pool that was clean with tables and chairs around it. We took advantage of their free breakfast but I wouldn’t recommend it. I have never eaten cold pancakes (there was a microwave and toaster) or hard boiled eggs already peeled. The room was clean and the coffee was good. The next morning we went out for breakfast. Also, the ice machine was broken. Overall, my stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MsSonshine
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We stayed here Valentines weekend and nothing worked in the room. There was no heat in room. I asked the manager to adjust the room since we froze all night and I am still waiting to here from him. I have already left him 5 messages and he will not respond. I gues I paid for a room that was like sleeping in my vehicle at 27 degrees. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
Comfort Inn - Midtown
Comfort Inn - Midtown
#4 of 23 in Ruidoso

Been to Ramada Ruidoso Downs? Share your experiences!