Fantastic experience for two first time game 'hunters'! The quality of the accomodation was great and the availability of all the animals was amazing. The rangers were knowledgeable and managed to find almost all of the Big Five for us and were able to take us out on Bush Walks to see some of the other ecology and zoology of Thornybush.
Thirnybush also has its own airstrip and it is worth looking into an air transfer compared to the road transfer from Nelspruit or Eastgate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapungu Tented Bush Camp sits at the heart of the Thornybush Private Game Reserve. With only 8 rooms, you are guaranteed peace and solitude, deep in the African bush, while still enjoying the comforts a luxury lodge offers. Tastefully furnished in old world colonial splendour, in a style and class of a bygone era, Chapungu offers guests private and exclusive accommodation in comfortable, air-conditioned en-suite safari tents . Dinners are usually enjoyed outside in the Boma where all tastes and preferences are catered for. Settle around a log fire to recount the days’ game experiences before retiring to the lounge for a night-cap, or the comfort of your tent. Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles with your ranger and tracker, ensure close and unrestricted encounters with the wildlife. Our passionate team will make sure that your experience in the African bush, is one to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Chapungu Tented Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapungu Camp Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Chapungu Tented Bush Camp South Africa/Thornybush Private Game Reserve