My wife and I just spent three nights at Serondella on our honeymoon, and it was an amazing experience. Thornybush has the Big 5 and the means for you to see them. The Rangers of the different lodges work as a finely tuned team to coordinate viewings so all guests have the best experience. What really makes Serondella special are the people. Marco, Vivian, and Temba are wonderful. They mix incredible personalized service with their genuine friendship to create an environment that is both relaxing and fun.
The lodge itself is in a great location right in the middle of the park, animals randomly wander through, we woke on a few mornings with animals right off our back deck. Animals regularly visit the watering holes during the day enhancing your viewing. The limited number of rooms ensures an intimate experience, you truly feel at home.
The cottages (rooms) are large and well decorated, very comfortable, with stylish showers and large bathtubs. They are fully air conditioned and great care is taken to ensure their cleanliness.
We loved the food, the chef concentrates on home cook style meals with an african flair. We thought given the breakout of meal times that we would get hungry but that never happened. If you snack a lot you might want to bring some nutrition bars but dont hesitate to ask if you feel you need something, they are very accomodating.
If you are worried about Serondella being a kid friendly lodge, don't be! We spent 2 days with kids in the lodge (5 and 8) and 2 days without. It's more fun with the kids. There is plenty of room for them to enjoy themselves during the day and you have enough privacy near your room that it's easy to get away. The game drives are more exciting with the kids, it's enchanting to see their reaction to the animals.
As long as Marco, Vivian, and Temba are there I can't think of any other place I would want to stay. We felt it was a great value for the money, everything we expected and so much more.
I will try to post pictures at some point some soon, please check back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serondella Game Lodge is perched on the banks of the dry Monwana River, in the depths of the Thornybush Private Nature Reserve. This 4-star luxury lodge offers guests individual attention with only 3 suites and an exclusive-use 3 bedroom house, which is perfect for a family or group traveling together. Locally sourced and expertly prepared meals are served on the deck overlooking the waterhole or in the dining room of the lodge. Game drives with professional rangers and trackers, take guests out into the bush every morning and evening for sunset. There are no fences between the Thornybush Nature Reserve and Kruger National Park, so there is ample opportunity to see the Big 5 and a whole host of other animals, big and small. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Serondella Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serondella Game Hotel Thornybush Private Game Reserve
- Serondella Game Lodge South Africa/Thornybush Private Game Reserve