Ngala Game Lodge, there is simply no place like it. I thought that I had stayed in five star hotels before but no hotel I have been to anywhere in the world even comes close. I didn't want to leave, it was perfect.
From the moment you walk in, all the staff know your name and you have NEVER seen attention to detail until you come to Ngala. Everything has been thought of and every time you think the surprises are finished they pull out another one: dinner in a new location, a surprise breakfast table set up in the middle of the African bush, fetching you a drink when you're by the pool, running you a bath before you get back to your room in the evenings. These guys are faultless.
The lodge has lots of places just to lie down and chill out: the deck, by the pool, the games room, outside the shop....to just settle back and enjoy the African bush.
Every meal was like eating at a top restaurant - the food is simply exceptional and in 4 days we did not eat the same thing twice. The effort they go to to make every meal unique is most impressive.
The rooms are gorgeous - beautifully laid out with stunning bathrooms full of the best quality lotions, creams and gels.
And of course there are the game drives. You won't be disappointed!
Even out in the bush every detail is considered: hot water bottles under your blanket on the morning game drive, even cocktails under the moon in the evenings, and a driver and spotter with every car.
This was the best place we have ever stayed. If you want a true honeymoon, the perfect romantic getaway or just downtime with a real difference that you will remember forever, definitely come to Ngala!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, South Africa