My husband and I stayed at Ngala for 3 days with our 2 young children (aged 2 and 4). The staff, lodge and game drives were fantastic. While most hotels and BnBs in SA seemed to be very anti-children, Ngala was the opposite and was very accomodating with our kids, even taking them on the game drives (we paid for private drives but this was not even an option at most other game lodges we looked into). Our ranger, Megan, and our tracker, Norman were wonderful. Very friendly and very knowledgeable. Our room was beautiful and the food was delicious. We plan to go back. We absolutely loved Ngala and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, South Africa