“Excellent staff, food and game viewing”

andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge
Hope Island, Australia
“Excellent staff, food and game viewing”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from Ngala lodge, which was about our tenth visit. We love the lodge and food and the staff and the rangers are great. Our ranger was Alan and our tracker was Farnie, they are both brilliant and we would request them again.
Only criticism would be the rooms, they are long overdue for an upgrade which they are planning in the near future.
This lodge has a special feeling to it we feel like we are returning home and Momma Connie always there to greet us and make us feel very welcome. We will go back but more than likely only after the upgrade. The game viewing was brilliant we saw leopard on 5 out of 6 drives, pretty amazing and we often saw lions too.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed February 22, 2013

we stayed a week with family + friends in that Safari Lodge. It was a dream, the people, the rooms in the tents, the food, the safari trips at 4am in the morning. It was the most beautiful, touching trip I ever made. To be so close to wild animals , to their life, with an amazing weather. Everyone please go there at least once in your life!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My trip to South Africa – Cape Town, JoBurg and Timbavati was truly one of the BEST trips ever!

After lots of research I booked my safari with Travel Butlers based in the UK.

Anneli was very professional – she did everything for me re: the logistical side of things i.e. making sure I had enough time to transfer from one place to another – she’s amazing! I definitely recommend them! If it wasn’t for her I would have not ended up in heaven – NGALA.

When I arrived (late afternoon) Herbet greeted me with a drink to hand and a refresher cloth! After being introduced to my butler Vincent, he gave a tour of the place and I settled in for lunch – I was overwhelmed with the lunch they served (please note at this point a baboon randomly walked past me whilst I was eating my first meal – I have never been so scared but so excited to see wild animals strolling around freely)- believe me you are fed very well - you will never be hungry!!! – I remember I was by the pool and out of the blue – Vincent just appeared asking me what drink I wanted – the service is 7*…!!! They really do go all out for you!!!!

Before every game drive we had tea and coffee with cakes, biscuits and all sorts of nibbles and before my first one I was introduced to my ranger Ryno (THE BEST RANGER EVER.) The game drives were amazing – Ryno and his partner in crime Norman (tracker AKA Hawk eyes who can spot anything!!! I will always remember when he found a chameleon on a branch in the night!!!) They were seriously the DREAM TEAM - AMAZING – both very knowledgeable (I’ve learnt so much about animals and birds!) – and they really do try hard to locate as many as they can. I was SOOO LUCKY – I got to see the BIG 5 within 24 hours which included a leopard eating its kill. On every game drive, we stopped off half way for drinks and nibbles and on one occasion when we stopped, staff from Ngala were waiting with a mini BBQ (Braii) cooking away, I got to celebrate two Birthdays with different people and had champagne randomly in the bush (now how often can you say that?) one of my bush highlights was having the bush breakfast on my last day.

The rooms were beautifully decorated and the bathroom is just as beautiful – they were cleaned everyday – I’m sure even twice a day – I would leave for the morning drive and it will be cleaned up with the cushions placed on your bed– and when I’m back from the evening drive its cleaned up again ready for me to go to bed!

I would 110% recommend Ngala to all my friends and family….you will not be disappointed!!!!!! Am definitely going back!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Kristina888
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Game viewing was fantastic! The big five were all on hand! (This was stop two for game viewing and leaps and bounds ahead of stop one, which was lovely....but we saved the best for last!) The staff and guides are terrific! They have genuine fun and seem to actually enjoy their work! We were made to feel quite at home! The service is great! I tended to spend my afternoons reading or watching the watering hole, whilst the rest of the group was napping, so I sat on the covered veranda outside the shop...water, soda, tea, lemonade, etc. were offered frequently - and greatly appreciated! The food was excellent - the rooms, comfortable and elegant (although the bathroom did tend to be a tad dark - which is the ONLY thing I can say that was at all negative) - we didn't take a dip in the pool, but it looked lovely! I would not hesitate to stay here again, and have suggested it to several friends! It would great for a family with children, or a romantic couples break, or just a group of friends that enjoy a bit of relaxed, elegant luxury! My stay was in 2008 (not an option listed) I am truly hoping to visit again, soon!

Room Tip: We had lodge 7, which was comfortable and well located!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Woodmere, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Loved andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge. Food was great. Rooms were amazing. Guides were awesome! Momma Connie was sweet and fun! Can't say anything bad about it. There were some people with us on our trip that I would have liked to change...hehehe, but next time we'll just go as a couple or with our close friends....no extended family of family of family. Can't wait to go back! Really, everything was amazing. I look forward to staying at other andBeyond locations as well, but we'll definitely be back to Ngala.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Forget cruises or Disney want a family vacation that keeps the kids attention and off their phones, then Ngala Safari Lodge is the place. Ngala’s food great, staff and service superb and smiles were beautiful. Sitting at the outside lounge watching Elephants drink in the watering hole 50 feet away, amazing!! Guides were very knowledgeable and were able to entertain a group from ages 15 to 80. Highly recommend. A family vacation no one will forget and stories forever!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Fantastic game viewing - accommodations very nice (4-star, not 5- or 6- star, so if you are into super luxury, stay here anyway since the game viewing is suberb), VERY EXCELLENT food & hospitality! My wife reports that the masseuse is over-the-top terrific! And the game! See photos! We were lucky to see a leopard kill live-and-in-person! The property is owned by WWF, and the animals and game viewing are phenomenal! Excellent trackers and rangers too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 17 in Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
Baobab Ridge
Baobab Ridge
#2 of 14 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve

Been to andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge? Share your experiences!