We have just returned from Ngala lodge, which was about our tenth visit. We love the lodge and food and the staff and the rangers are great. Our ranger was Alan and our tracker was Farnie, they are both brilliant and we would request them again.
Only criticism would be the rooms, they are long overdue for an upgrade which they are planning in the near future.
This lodge has a special feeling to it we feel like we are returning home and Momma Connie always there to greet us and make us feel very welcome. We will go back but more than likely only after the upgrade. The game viewing was brilliant we saw leopard on 5 out of 6 drives, pretty amazing and we often saw lions too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, South Africa