Alan and Fanny were our guides and did an incredible job tracking down the big 5. We even saw a cheetah feeding on her kill and baby hyenas. Their enthusiasm was infectious. We were very happy with the game we saw.
The lodge itself was was picture perfect. What really pushed Ngala over the edge was the service. My husband got sick the day the staff arranged for a bush dinner outside of the property. Since he felt too ill to leave the lodge, the staff arranged for a romantic private dinner right outside our room door--complete with candles, wine and soup (made just for him). I can't wait to visit another one of their properties. The food was average/okay. Overall I thought it was perfectly priced and would definitely visit their other properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, South Africa