Just returned from Ngala and it was a life-changing experience! Beautifully-furnished lodge in the middle of the Timbavati Reserve adjacent to Kruger National Park. Staff are simply the best ever. Elliot our game ranger and Norman our tracker were outstanding. Saw the big five on our many game drives. Took our 2 sons (ages 12 and 15) along and they were treated so special by everyone. Many other families stayed at the lodge during our stay but there were couples and honeymooners as well. They welcome you upon arrival and tell you that you are family and it is true. We stayed 4 nights and I would recommend a similar stay vs rushing in for a night or two and then stressing out if you don't see all the game on the first drive. We flew into Nelspruit and flew out of Hodspruit. The former airport is a 3 hour drive while the latter is less than an hour. If you can afford it take the closer airport. The drive from JNB is 6-7 hours.
The food at the lodge was excellent and the head chef was recently featured in a local magazine for the variety and quality of the meals served. They prepared special kids meals when our boys needed a simple alternative. Nice pool in immaculate grounds for something to do during the hot afternoons. There were 20 - 30 other people at the lodge with us yet we rarely saw them other than at mealtimes. One last point - all drinks (including alcohol) are included which is a nice touch.
For the price and service we could not imagine a better option. Highly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, South Africa