This lodge gives you a good - but not fantastic, bush experience. The rooms and bathrooms are very comfortable and have all the little luxurious touches you would expect from a lodge of this calibre but it could maybe do with a little updating - the outside patios could be a little more comfortable with better furniture. the game viewing when we went was good - the wild dogs were denning on their property so that was a real treat. As South Africans though who frequent the bush a lot we felt that our game drives could have been a little more interesting as for us it is not only about spotting the big five. If this was the only lodge you had ever been to you would probably not be able to fault it but when drawing comparisons to other lodges unfortunatley it just falls short in some areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The romance and mystery of Africa come alive in 20 thatched cottages tucked under a dense canopy of tamboti trees at Ngala Safari Lodge. Exuding classical safari charm, the spacious veranda, with its wonderfully comfortable armchairs, looks out onto a popular waterhole. For pure indulgence, the Safari Suite offers an elegant sitting room, private swimming pool and exclusive use of a safari vehicle. Mouth-watering meals are served in the shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree, while a large swimming pool lies on the edge of thick riverine woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ngala Safari Hotel Ngala Private Game Reserve
- AndBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge Ngala Private Game Reserve, South Africa