I stayed here for 4 nights with my wife and 11 yo daughter. We had an absolutely great time and only one problem kept this review from being five stars. Our chalet had a problem with hot water, or lack thereof, and believe me, it was cold in the morning and the water was ice-cold! That said, the game drives were excellent. Riaan was our ranger and he did a wonderful job finding the animals. The only thing we missed was seeing a leopard. In one evening game drive, we saw a cheetah, lions, rhinos, elephants, cape buffalo, a giraffe, and hyenas. Of course, we also had one game drive where we hardly saw anything, but that's nature. The food was good, although it did get quite cold during dinner, which was served outside. I highly recommend Gomo Gomo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gomo Gomo Game Lodge is a private and intimate Lodge situated in the prestigious Klaserie Nature Reserve, Greater Kruger National Park, with a common unfenced border. Our traversing area is approximately 6000 hectares (14800 acres) of the reserve offering guests varied landscapes with an excellent possibility of coming face to face with the “ Big 5 “ (lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino) and numerous othermammals and bird species in their natural habitat.Early morning and late afternoon / evening game drives are conducted in open 4 X 4 Land Rovers with well qualified and experienced field guides and trackers who will ensure an exciting and informative safari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and South African Hotels so you can book your Gomo Gomo Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gomo Gomo Game Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Gomo Gomo Game Lodge South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve