I stayed for 5 nights in oct/nov 2011 here and loved it. It is rustic and right in the bush, more geared to the wildlife. Game was fantastic and the tree house was a novel experience. Saw two different leopards on kills, a pride of lions on a buffalo kill and the same pride of lions on a porcupine kill. It was a huge pride with two big males , nine lionesses and cubs. Lots of elephant, kudu, giraffee, hyena, wildebeest, wild dogs, buffalo, a giant black mamba with a big chunk of it's body off the ground and moving real fast and rhinos. Saw a territorial male rhino chase another rhino off-well the other rhino just broke through the bush , running at top speed a few metres in front of the vehicle and the big rhino behind, who stopped on seeing our truck. Who knew that rhinos could run that fast?!
The highlight of the trip was my last night at camp. Everyone had left and it was only me and the camp staff. While having dinner, could hear a lion roaring and it slowly started getting louder and coming towards us and then it was almost right out the dining area, but slowly receded. Apparantely it was one of the big males calling and trying to find his pride mates. It was scary to hear a lion so close at night.
Enjoyed the experience. Real in the bush feel . Very interesting to see Isaac's tracking skills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- nThambo Tree Camp is a safari camp located in the Klaserie area of the Kruger Park. The camp offers daily morning and afternoon game drives to view the Big Five. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your nThambo Tree Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nthambo Tree Camp Hotel Klaserie Private Game Reserve
- nThambo Tree Camp South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve