I had reservations about the whole idea of safari;but this little place completely changed my view and our whole experience was one of my most treasured holiday trips. This was largely down to the staff,guides Matt and Francois, made us feel very welcome in the relaxed atmosphere but equally very safe under their expert guiding, which was like having your own personal David Attenborough to explain everything about the bush and it's contents.
I had worried about hoards of people chasing after some poor animals, in trucks, but this could not have been further from the truth.On foot, in silence, we felt a part of the surroundings and just encountered animals doing there own thing,with the quiet only broken by the amazing sounds of the bush.
Accommodation was very clean and well looked after but suitably basic and in keeping. Food was excellent again, local dishes lovingly prepared. The tension and excitement mixed with some trepidation when on foot in the bush was an intoxicating mix.But night drives meant you could get closer to large animals and feel totally safe.I highly recommend everything about this experience.
Top tip: get a 4x4 if you are driving there a normal front wheel car was completely inappropriate..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Africa on Foot offers Big Five Kruger Walking Safaris and game drives in the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve which shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Africa on Foot Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Africa On Foot Camp Hotel Limpopo Province
- Africa On Foot Camp South Africa/Klaserie Private Game Reserve