When we arrived at main gate our reservation did not show on the entrance list for the day as visitors at all . The gate guard at the gate had to phone in to find out if we were in fact booked . This in it self was very embarrassing to me as I did the booking myself on behalf of my friend and his visitor from Holland as we had to wait for about 20 minutes to be let in through the gate.
On arrival at the camp we were not sure whether we were at the right place as no welcome sign or respectful staff to great as or to make us feel welcomed at all. Very unprofessional to say the least staff then gave us a warm cloth to wipe our face with and showed us to the rooms.
No formal check in or explanation as to what was going to happen next . We were just told that this is the dining area were meals will be served and that launch will be served from 1300 hrs onwards .
The food was good but expected a more for the price we paid .That is now with all the meals we were served . The food the one night arrived cold at the table and again it would appear that the kitchen had run out of some of the vegetables that was supposedly served as all of a sudden non of us three received the vegetables that was mentioned on the set menu.
The waiter that served us was clearly taken of the street with no training what so ever at all. This is small things like this that will ruin the reputation of a upper class facility like Kapama for good .
On departure we were told by the game ranger to leave our luggage outside our rooms at the door and that the porters will deliver it to our vehicle. Well it did not happen as we were told . We had to carry the luggage ourselves as none of the staff was to be seen at all once we have checked out and settled the bill . It was like we did not even existed anymore to them . This was again another disappointment to me as I did the booking .
The only thing that was good and top class was the game drives . We saw a lot of game and was very satisfied with the knowledge of our ranger and tracker of the bush and the animals they at least went out of their way to make us feel special to be with them and to our visit to Southern Camp Kapama . Thanks to both of you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama Southern Camp is the proud new addition to our Kapama Game Reserve family and is situated on the southern most section of the Kapama Private Game Reserve. It offers luxury safari accommodation, warm hospitality and friendly service in a tranquil setting which will satisfy even the most discerning nature lovers' taste. Relax in the lounge with a good book or just sit back and indulge in the breathtaking beauty of mother nature in all her splendour. Alternatively you can lazily lounge around our magnificent pool and deck area and stare into the vast African yonder, hopefully spotting some of the many animals that often pass in close proximity. If the African sun becomes too much to endure, a dip in the refreshing swimming pool will bring immediate relief, and the friendly barman will be on hand to spoil you with a tantalising cocktail.DiningBreakfast and lunches are normally served in the dining room with open sides, so you will always have nature just a few meters away while enjoying tasteful culinary creations from our qualified chefs . Dinner is served in the traditional outside Boma, again with nature as the backdrop and a starlit sky overhead creating the perfect setting.Southern Camp also boasts a fully equipped wine cellar where we stock only the finest wines from top South African vineyards in a perfectly humidified environment. All 15 standard suites at Southern Camp have full en-suite bathrooms with picture windows to enjoy the surrounding scenery and birdlife. Air conditioning, minibars and tea and coffee stations are standard in all suites of this five-star safari accommodation. Private patios offer the opportunity to enjoy relaxing sundowners, while game watching at the same time. Kapama Southern Camp also has 7 luxury suites. These 95 ㎡ luxury suites have their own private lap pool, inside and outside showers, large minibar, espresso machine and a romantic fireplace open to the bath and bedroom. Southern Camp offers 3 luxury Family Suites each with a lap pool and a separate connected bedroom for children with its own bath, shower, double vanity and outside patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kapama Southern Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Southern Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Southern Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa