I cannot sing the praises highly enough of our recent trip to the Kapama Southern Camp. This is a small property (something like 24 rooms with just shy of 50 guests) and they excel at personalized service. Everyone knew us by name and were incredibly helpful. The rooms are simple but very comfortable and far nicer than I would ever expect on safari. There was an incredible bounty of food that will please almost every taste. But most importantly, they have an outstanding and very knowledgable safari staff. You are assigned a guide, a traker and a butler who work with you during your entire stay. We had Jacque, Colbert and Welcome and they were all incredible. Jacque was super knowledgable, friendly and seemed to be able to find every animal on the reserve. Colbert was quiet but provided excellent advice to Jacque to find the animals. Welcome always had a bright smile and was eager to make sure that our every need was addressed.
Each day starts with a 5am wake up call followed by coffee and light food before leaving on the morning safari (6am - 9am). You return to have a full breakfast and have the remainder of the day free. There are numerous activities to fill your time - a spa is available at another lodge close by, there is a walking safari that was a definite highlight, and several other options (we also did the chetah experience which was excellent as well). There is a beautiful pool and animals literally roam the property allowing you to have easy access both in camp and on safari.
Truly an incredible place and will be where I will return if I go back to Kruger!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama Southern Camp is the proud new addition to our Kapama Game Reserve family and is situated on the southern most section of the Kapama Private Game Reserve. It offers luxury safari accommodation, warm hospitality and friendly service in a tranquil setting which will satisfy even the most discerning nature lovers' taste. Relax in the lounge with a good book or just sit back and indulge in the breathtaking beauty of mother nature in all her splendour. Alternatively you can lazily lounge around our magnificent pool and deck area and stare into the vast African yonder, hopefully spotting some of the many animals that often pass in close proximity. If the African sun becomes too much to endure, a dip in the refreshing swimming pool will bring immediate relief, and the friendly barman will be on hand to spoil you with a tantalising cocktail.DiningBreakfast and lunches are normally served in the dining room with open sides, so you will always have nature just a few meters away while enjoying tasteful culinary creations from our qualified chefs . Dinner is served in the traditional outside Boma, again with nature as the backdrop and a starlit sky overhead creating the perfect setting.Southern Camp also boasts a fully equipped wine cellar where we stock only the finest wines from top South African vineyards in a perfectly humidified environment. All 15 standard suites at Southern Camp have full en-suite bathrooms with picture windows to enjoy the surrounding scenery and birdlife. Air conditioning, minibars and tea and coffee stations are standard in all suites of this five-star safari accommodation. Private patios offer the opportunity to enjoy relaxing sundowners, while game watching at the same time. Kapama Southern Camp also has 7 luxury suites. These 95 ㎡ luxury suites have their own private lap pool, inside and outside showers, large minibar, espresso machine and a romantic fireplace open to the bath and bedroom. Southern Camp offers 3 luxury Family Suites each with a lap pool and a separate connected bedroom for children with its own bath, shower, double vanity and outside patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Kapama Southern Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Southern Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Southern Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa