We stayed 4 nights and had a fantastic overall experience. The location is perfect and only a short drive from the airport. The lodge is small so even when full there'll be no more than about 45-50 guests. The newer rooms are wonderfully furnished and spacious with some of the older smaller rooms comfortable but in need of some work (the reason why its only 4 out of 5 stars in my opinion/ review). As a family, we used 4 of the rooms, having to move mid stay due to a small problem with one of the older rooms. The staff were very friendly and attentive and always willing to help and go the extra mile. Our room problem was resolved quickly and efficiently and handled extremely well by the hotel management. The food quality was also excellent and the chef approachable and willing to provide everything we requested. Of course, the main reason for staying here was to go on safari. And we were not disappointed! We were extremely fortunate to have a wonderful ranger and tracker during the time we were there. We could not praise Jade and Petro enough and would recommend them every time. Their extensive knowledge about the whole ecosystem- as well as the game- was extremely impressive and made our holiday. We saw all of the big 5, however, saw, learned and enjoyed so much more than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama Southern Camp is the proud new addition to our Kapama Game Reserve family and is situated on the southern most section of the Kapama Private Game Reserve. It offers luxury safari accommodation, warm hospitality and friendly service in a tranquil setting which will satisfy even the most discerning nature lovers' taste. Relax in the lounge with a good book or just sit back and indulge in the breathtaking beauty of mother nature in all her splendour. Alternatively you can lazily lounge around our magnificent pool and deck area and stare into the vast African yonder, hopefully spotting some of the many animals that often pass in close proximity. If the African sun becomes too much to endure, a dip in the refreshing swimming pool will bring immediate relief, and the friendly barman will be on hand to spoil you with a tantalising cocktail.DiningBreakfast and lunches are normally served in the dining room with open sides, so you will always have nature just a few meters away while enjoying tasteful culinary creations from our qualified chefs . Dinner is served in the traditional outside Boma, again with nature as the backdrop and a starlit sky overhead creating the perfect setting.Southern Camp also boasts a fully equipped wine cellar where we stock only the finest wines from top South African vineyards in a perfectly humidified environment. All 15 standard suites at Southern Camp have full en-suite bathrooms with picture windows to enjoy the surrounding scenery and birdlife. Air conditioning, minibars and tea and coffee stations are standard in all suites of this five-star safari accommodation. Private patios offer the opportunity to enjoy relaxing sundowners, while game watching at the same time. Kapama Southern Camp also has 7 luxury suites. These 95 ㎡ luxury suites have their own private lap pool, inside and outside showers, large minibar, espresso machine and a romantic fireplace open to the bath and bedroom. Southern Camp offers 3 luxury Family Suites each with a lap pool and a separate connected bedroom for children with its own bath, shower, double vanity and outside patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kapama Southern Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Southern Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Southern Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa