A wonderful place, would definitely recommend it.
The place is quite small, which makes it relaxing and personal, and all of the staff where really friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suit, and it had everything you can wish for, we are quite picky when it comes to hotels, but this place is really top notch. Your ranger will pick you up at the airport for free, so it was very convenient getting there as well.
The food was also very good, they served a buffet for both lunch and dinner, I usually don't fancy buffets, but the quality of this buffet was very good, with bbq and several other choices for each meal we had. Drinks are not included in the tariff.
We had the same ranger taking us on safari each day in a 11 seat open land rover, and we where never more than 7 guests at any game drive in the same land rover. We spotted all big five except for the leopard. We did see two cheetahs right outside of the camp, which was amazing, we followed them for maybe 15 minutes, and they walked just a few meters from us. Apparently the cheetahs have their territory around the camp, so chances of seeing them should be good. The only thing that I think could have been better was that the bush walks (included in the tariff) where not offered unless asked for, and they didn’t do them every day. However, when we did the bushwalk it was great, we where in a small group and the ranger where really good at telling us things about the animal and the bush, and then it made things even better that we saw lions resting under a three (the rangers where armed so we felt safe).
Would definitelly go back to this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama Southern Camp is the proud new addition to our Kapama Game Reserve family and is situated on the southern most section of the Kapama Private Game Reserve. It offers luxury safari accommodation, warm hospitality and friendly service in a tranquil setting which will satisfy even the most discerning nature lovers' taste. Relax in the lounge with a good book or just sit back and indulge in the breathtaking beauty of mother nature in all her splendour. Alternatively you can lazily lounge around our magnificent pool and deck area and stare into the vast African yonder, hopefully spotting some of the many animals that often pass in close proximity. If the African sun becomes too much to endure, a dip in the refreshing swimming pool will bring immediate relief, and the friendly barman will be on hand to spoil you with a tantalising cocktail.DiningBreakfast and lunches are normally served in the dining room with open sides, so you will always have nature just a few meters away while enjoying tasteful culinary creations from our qualified chefs . Dinner is served in the traditional outside Boma, again with nature as the backdrop and a starlit sky overhead creating the perfect setting.Southern Camp also boasts a fully equipped wine cellar where we stock only the finest wines from top South African vineyards in a perfectly humidified environment. All 15 standard suites at Southern Camp have full en-suite bathrooms with picture windows to enjoy the surrounding scenery and birdlife. Air conditioning, minibars and tea and coffee stations are standard in all suites of this five-star safari accommodation. Private patios offer the opportunity to enjoy relaxing sundowners, while game watching at the same time. Kapama Southern Camp also has 7 luxury suites. These 95 ㎡ luxury suites have their own private lap pool, inside and outside showers, large minibar, espresso machine and a romantic fireplace open to the bath and bedroom. Southern Camp offers 3 luxury Family Suites each with a lap pool and a separate connected bedroom for children with its own bath, shower, double vanity and outside patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kapama Southern Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Southern Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Southern Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa