The lodge is a few miles off the road and definitely feels like it is in the middle of the bush.
The managers and staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming from the moment I arrived. For part of the time I was the only guest at the lodge and was made to feel like one of the family.
Accommodation was relaxing and quiet - nice to be woken by monkeys on top of the roof. Good variety and quality of food - particularly enjoyed the breakfasts.
The time I spent there seemed to pass very quickly - a bush walk before breakfast, then relaxing and taking in the animals which ventured near the lodge, and ending with a bush drive in the late afternoon. The guides were excellent both in pointing out the animals and helping me to be aware of the surroundings.
A great three days and would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama Southern Camp is the proud new addition to our Kapama Game Reserve family and is situated on the southern most section of the Kapama Private Game Reserve. It offers luxury safari accommodation, warm hospitality and friendly service in a tranquil setting which will satisfy even the most discerning nature lovers' taste. Relax in the lounge with a good book or just sit back and indulge in the breathtaking beauty of mother nature in all her splendour. Alternatively you can lazily lounge around our magnificent pool and deck area and stare into the vast African yonder, hopefully spotting some of the many animals that often pass in close proximity. If the African sun becomes too much to endure, a dip in the refreshing swimming pool will bring immediate relief, and the friendly barman will be on hand to spoil you with a tantalising cocktail.DiningBreakfast and lunches are normally served in the dining room with open sides, so you will always have nature just a few meters away while enjoying tasteful culinary creations from our qualified chefs . Dinner is served in the traditional outside Boma, again with nature as the backdrop and a starlit sky overhead creating the perfect setting.Southern Camp also boasts a fully equipped wine cellar where we stock only the finest wines from top South African vineyards in a perfectly humidified environment. All 15 standard suites at Southern Camp have full en-suite bathrooms with picture windows to enjoy the surrounding scenery and birdlife. Air conditioning, minibars and tea and coffee stations are standard in all suites of this five-star safari accommodation. Private patios offer the opportunity to enjoy relaxing sundowners, while game watching at the same time. Kapama Southern Camp also has 7 luxury suites. These 95 ㎡ luxury suites have their own private lap pool, inside and outside showers, large minibar, espresso machine and a romantic fireplace open to the bath and bedroom. Southern Camp offers 3 luxury Family Suites each with a lap pool and a separate connected bedroom for children with its own bath, shower, double vanity and outside patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kapama Southern Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Southern Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Southern Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa