Don't be fooled by the name "camp." Think 'Out of Africa" and that was more like our accomodations and experience! The "tent" was on stilts, had hard wood floors, a claw foot tub, travertine glass shower and a king size bed. Every night while we were at dinner housekeeping would come in and turn down the bed and put a hot water bottle under the duvet so it was nice and warm when you got in. We had a game drive every morning and afternoon. We saw the Big Five and so much more - it was incredible. It was just our group in the vehicle, so we could go at our own pace - i.e. take 100's of photos of lions, giraffes, etc. without having to hurry. The food was included and was also 5 star. This is a fantastic place, but the people here are exceptional! They make everything possible. Try to stay 4 days so that you can get the feel of the place and see all of the animals. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reminiscent of a traditional African safari camp, Kapama Buffalo Camp offers a unique and intimate experience in the African bush. It is ideal for discovering big game Africa in true safari tented style without compromising on comfort.Ten luxury build canvas tents, each sleeping two, are set on wooden decks built on stilts over a steep-sided riverbank. Wooden walkways interconnect the rooms, which are all in the upper reaches of tall riverine trees. The river below rarely flows and antelopes are seen daily walking along the sandy riverbed. Each tented room has all the usual comforts of electricity, en-suite bathroom, safe, writing table, wardrobe, low impact climate control, mini-bar and tea/coffee facilities. The communal areas of Buffalo Camp are on the riverbank, where gardens of succulent aloes and euphorbia are tended around the thatched bar, dining room, pool terrace and campfire. But the thick African bush is just a glance away, inhabited by animals like lion, hyena and jackal whose calls can be heard in the dead of night. Lanterns, rather than electric lights, glow at night under the trees, creating a special intimate ambience particular to Buffalo Camp.With a maximum of 20 guests at Buffalo Camp, special attention is paid to personal service and the staff become like friends. Kapama Buffalo Camp is a truly authentic way to experience the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and South African Hotels so you can book your Kapama Buffalo Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Buffalo Camp Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa