Elegant and sophisticated lodge, but with a cozy and warm appearance. The rooms are big, tastefully furnished and provided with a very nice terrace facing the bush, where the sweet nyalas graze day and night long. The bathroom is amazing! Huge, one of a kind, with a big shower and an incredible panoramic bathtub. Classy restaurant, tasty and abundant buffet, impeccable service. The SPA is definitely worth mentioning as well. The thing we liked most is that everything was well-thought at the lodge: you wake up, have a light breakfast, go for the first game drive, have the second (big) breakfast, relax in the pool or in the spa, have lunch, have a rest, have a snack before starting the second game drive, have a shower, have dinner with your ranger and your safari companions in an unforgettable african environment, the "boma". In Kapama you never get bored!!!
There is a limited amount of animals in the reserve, but you can always see some because the rangers are very good in tracking them. We happened to see: a leopard, a couple of lions, some lionesses, two hippos, some zebras, a lot of warthogs, many gnus, loooots of impalas and antilopes, many buffalos, many many elephants, a hyena, a porcupine, a snake, many giraffes, an eagle, many rhinos a cheeta and many sweet nyalas.
We loved our stay at Kapama River Lodge and would recommend it to anyone.
PS try the Jabulani experience!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, South African Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa