We stayed in Kapama from 27 Dec-30th Dec'13 and our ranger, Rassie came to pick us up at the airport in Hoedspruit. Arriving from NY, we didnt know what to expect but we were blown away by the service at Kapama, amazing safaris and even the food that was served for all the meals.
A big thank you to the entire staff but definitely Rassie - our ranger and Magnum - our checker for making it so special. We saw four of the big fives during our six safaris but really the safari was more than the big fives. It was learning about the little creatures, the trees, the birds, the weather, the real forrest and a ton of animals that we saw up close. Our ranger was extremely knowledgable, our checker helped spot animals by just looking at their footprints. It rained on a couple of safaris but that didnt stop the experience - they gave us ponchos and even though you still get wet, it was a completely different experience. Definitely an adventure with the vehicle slipping off-road but I am glad that we got to experience it.
The rooms are five star hotel standards and you can see Impalas from the bath - crazy I know! Makes us want to jump on a plane and get back to Kruger. We are definitely going back to SA in a few years and doing a lot more safaris.
I would recommend Kapama any day and I hope you get Rassie to show you around - it will be worth every buck and you will remember it for the rest of your lives! Attaching a few pics to give you a flavor of what I am talking about :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa