The game drives, the rangers and staff, the spa and accommodation are all excellent.
From the moment we arrived I felt that children were tolerated rather than welcomed - which was probably appropriate. Let me explain. The majority of guests were either people without children or those who had chosen to leave theirs at home. The pool areas were more for snoozing between game drives as opposed to letting off steam.
I am quite an uptight mother when it comes to my children's behaviour and so they know how to fit in in adult company but it was a bit of a strain to be constantly asking them to keep the noise to a minimum. I felt they behaved brilliantly but were on a very tight rein for the four days we were there.
In summary we all had a fantastic time but before you take your children you might like to think: will they enjoy six hours a day of game drives and can they cope with almost no opportunities to be completely free spirited?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa